“Night Manta Ray Dive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Torpedo Tours
Ranked #71 of 197 Tours in Kailua-Kona
“Night Manta Ray Dive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Did a 2nd night Manta dive with these guys and it was even better then the first. They picked me up from an other company last year that was under booked and hooked me up.This year I took my son and brother-in-law for the night ray dive and we say 15 to 20 manta rays on the 7th of Aug and could not wipe the smile off my sons face on the ride back. Mike, Nikki, Allen and Scout do a great job. Planning on Day diving as soon as I can get back.
Cliff Auvil

Visited August 2013

Ridgewood, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We dove a few weeks ago during our trip to the Big Island with Torpedo and had an absolutely fabulous experience. We were a group of 4 (Dad and 21, 20 and 15 year old kids- Dad and 21 and 15 year old PADI certified and 20 year old snorkeled). We started out by doing the night dive with the Manta rays. Nikki took us and showed us the incredible creatures, and was a very responsible master, and kept tabs on us and our air so we could just sit back and enjoy the gorgeous display that the mantas put on every evening when they dine on the plankton in the water. The next day, we lucked out and ended up having a private charter with Mike, Alan and their awesome dog Scout. They took us out to 2 fabulous dive spots and Mike lead both times. He was the perfect mix of laid back and safe underwater and kept us calm even in rough surges. The 15 year old was having trouble clearing her ears on both dives and Mike was calm and patient with her and checked in throughout the dives. He pointed out many of the "macro" organisms that many divers overlook like tiny crabs, and beautiful fish, but we also were able to play with an octopus, see a tiger shark and use torpedoes to swim alongside eagle rays. We have been diving for years and torpedo was one of the best companies we have had the pleasure of using, and Mike and Nikki run a hell of a business. As Alan said on the boat, "This isn't just our job, it's our lifestyle and we really want to show everyone that." They sure did give us insight into the beautiful spirit of Hawaii and the wonderful "aloha" lifestyle.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Marvellous Mantas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

What a tremendous experience.
Nikki was fantastic in looking after us and the divers to ensure we had a marvelous experience.
Would have rated it an excellent experience but as skinnric said it appeared Mike would rather have been somewhere else.
Dealing with the public is always difficult but if you have had enough,time to move on.?

1 Thank SalidNZ
Gig Harbor, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“well worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent the months of april, may and June managing the Kona Tiki Hotel in Kona. From almost our first day there, our hotel guests would come back from diving, fishing or snorkelling trips with Torpedo Tours. We heard nothing but rave reviews of what a great experience they were having! When our contract with our hotel stay was over, we immediately booked the night manta ray dive/snorkel with them. Our trip was amazing! Nikki,Mike and Alan-and yes, Scout also-could not have worked harder to provide all of us (16 on their boat) with an amazing experience. It did not hurt that the manta ray around the boat was an above average number, the whole trip was something that we will never forget. We highly recommend Torpedo Tours to anyone who wants a fun, personal and exciting ocean experience.
Mike & Jan Gabbard

1 Thank littleseester
Woodland Hills, California
“Our Amazing Ventures With Torpedo Tours - 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I don't even know where to begin! My wife and I had our first experience together with Mike and Nikki of Torpedo Tours back in August of 2012 for our honeymoon. Our experience was so great that we had to book them again when we took our 2 kids (16 and 3 1/2 year old) this past June, 2013. Not only did we book them once, we booked them THREE times. We did a half day trip... caught a Tuna, saw and swam with several pods of dolphins and snorkeled where there was so much to see! My fearless 3 1/2 year old was ever so kindly accompanied by one of the divemasters on the boat, Alan, to venture out into the deep blue with the dolphins and later cruise around the reefs to see the fish and other sea life. Alan was wonderful with our little guy and I can't say enough great things about our experience with him on that trip. The 2nd trip was a night trip and I took my older son and his friend for an amazing experience with the manta rays. There had to have been at least 15 of them! It was nothing short of incredible! The 3rd trip, Mike was extremely generous in inviting us out for a couple hours to check out some dolphins just outside of the Harbor and even give me, my older son and his friend a scuba lesson so that we could experience the deep blue in a whole different light. All I have to say is... WOW! A great big THANK YOU to Mike for opening our eyes and experiencing what he is so passionate about. Mike completely took the "bull by the horns" as he knew exactly what he was doing from being Captain to being Divemaster. He gave great and very clear instructions and my fear of the deep blue subsided after just a short time. You can tell that Mike takes things very seriously and there is no doubt that he is highly knowledgeable which made me extremely confident that our safety was Mike's #1 priority. And Nikki, if you are reading this, our little guy continues to ask about you!! We think he's gotta a lil crush :). Thank you Torpedo Tours for yet another incredible and successful experience! We look forward to our next venture sometime in 2014!
Sal Marron (Tracee, Dylan, Sonny and Richie too!)

Visited June 2013