“Great time!”

Fernie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Crew Mike, Mike, Allan, and Scout (the dog) were very knowledge and professional. My 2 teenage kids did the Intro dives (first time ever) and the crew took them under their wing, looked after training, familiarization with the equipment, and sticking close during the dive. We dove as well with the other crew and had a fantastic time. If you are going for a dive give these guys a call, they will look after you. Fun to watch Scout out swimming with the dolphins, I think the dog is part fish....Andy

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Andy-on-vacation

Wpg.
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Expert, friendly and accommodating”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Niki & Mike, & their pt. time DM Allan, are the best. You meet them on their fine boat (not a remote dive shop) be ready to scuba & leave the rest to them. Mike stops to watch dolphins & whales spouting/breaching. Whomever between them is your DM you will be shown things easily missed by yourself. I saw octopus, manta, white tipped reef sharks, reef fish, nudibranch, shrimp, etc. and a 12' tiger shark known locally as Laverne! Ask to use a torpedo on one or more of your dives in order to cover more area and just for the sheer fun. I rented their dive gear and it was excellent. The service & professionalism is tops & friendly too. Have to mention that Scout the sea dog quietly walks around the entire boat & occasionally goes for a swim at the dive sites too.

2 Thank VandCWpg_
Nanaimo
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent group of People, excellent service”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have done 6 dives with Torpedo Tours and found it to be a throughly enjoyable experience. Mike, Nikky, Al and Scout are well experienced in all aspects of diving and their goal is to ensure you enjoy all diving has to offer in Hawaii. Lots of extras besides the diving, great lunches and snacks, bit of fishing between dives, sharing any fish caught. One day we got 2 Mahi Mahi, biggest 30lbs. Whale watching when they are near, snorkelling with whale sharks, all in addition to the dives. Great experience.
I have read some of the negative comments and have to say, "Suck it up" They aren't baby sitters unless you are totally inexperienced and then I have seen them provide very close supervision and support. It is like diving with family.
I am planning several more dives before leaving this beautiful island and wouldn't consider doing it with another operator. Met several other guests on my dives, many of them repeat customers. Try them, you'll like them.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Trevor D
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to spend New Years!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I spent New Year's Eve on the boat and did a dive in the late afternoon on a beautiful reef and then a second manta ray dive. My experience was unforgettable. Every crew member was knowledgable, helpful, funny and super cool! Everyone on the boat got to know each other and we all had a blast on the boat in the water and celebrating New Years. I dove with Alan; he was an awesome dive buddy. We played with an octopus who comically sucked on to Alan before leaving us in a cloud of ink. The manta ray dive was unforgettable. We saw one manta that made it's rounds and swam inches away from every diver in the water. Most of the divers on the boat were repeat customers...I don't blame them! If I visit kona again I will absolutely dive on this boat. It was the highlight of my two week vacation.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank TheFisherman55
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent experience- Manta Ray snorkel”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The manta ray snorkel was incredible!
Mike and co. graciously fit us into the schedule the same day we called.
Captain Mike and crewmember Joy were friendly, professional and fun. Their gear was good quality. Scout the dog is awesome!

It's tough to describe how cool it is to have a manta ray spinning back somersaults inches from your face... it's ridiculously cool. There were an estimated 12-15 rays under our light raft. Thanks for the experience!
We'd recommend this business to our friends.

Visited October 2013