“Coral Reef Rock!!!!”

Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures
Ranked #7 of 199 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Swim with Wild Dolphins & Manta Rays everyday. Established in 2002 and still going strong; We have been the Winner of the Certificate of Excellence for 7 years now. We are a Big Island of Hawaii adventure for swimming with Dolphins & Manta Rays. Eco friendly, we follow the guidelines established to make our tours safe for the Manta Rays, dolphins and our guests. We are on the GREENLIST FOR MANTA RAY TOURS. ONLY CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT IS REGISTERED FOR SAFETY OF THE MANTA RAYS on the Green List. Morning Dolphin charters take you up the Kailua Kona coast to a pod of wild dolphins, usually 100 plus. Snorkel with them right next to you. Lunch & snacks included. Rated as #1 Night Manta Ray snorkel company by all the review web sites. These are the most exciting activities you'll do here. All gear included. These 2 activities with marine life will be a highlight of your trip. We take children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was our 2nd outing with Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures (went with them on a night manta rays adventure in Dec 2012). This time we went on a "swim with the dolphins" trip. We love the smaller size boat & personalized attention you get with the Coral Reef crew. We sailed with Captain Ron & Erin - they were great!!! Took us out for multiple swims with dolphins and found a manta ray and some bottlenose dolphins along the trip as well. They're very accommodating, flexible and fun. And both trips ended with homemade brownies from Ron's wife - yummy! The dolphins were amazing and the crew was great at getting you to them & in the water with them! Why would you want to go with one of the larger, more crowded tours?!? HIGHLY RECOMMEND and will definitely go out with them again!!!

There are newer reviews for Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went out on Nov. 17 with two friends of mine plus Ron and Sean. That's right--it was just the three of us plus the crew. I think we were the envy of all the other overcrowded boats.

Everything went as smoothly as could be. Safety was stressed but never in a way to overworry us. We happened to luck out. Not only were there 20 mantas that night but we saw two on the surface before we even docked and the sun had gone down. Even the Coral Reefers were surprised by that.

Once we were in the water, Sean made sure we had the best views. And boy were they! Mantas came within inches of us on numerous occasions. It was kinda like being in a cross between a Disney movie and a Cirque du Soleil show--magical, otherworldly, surreal and incredible fun. Don't think twice--book with Coral Reef. They're a classy, fun outfit and you'll have an experience you will NEVER forget.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My name is Paul Comolli and I operate the most popular and highest rated humpback whale watch tour in my area of Alaska. Recently I was on the other end of the phone with captain Ron of Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures.

Charter boat skippers are the worst critics of others at the helm to be sure. But I was pleasantly surprised. The booking was a breeze, all questions answered and helpful directions to the departure location were easy to follow.

Captain Ron and his first mate, Erin, were friendly and professional. Safety first of course, but they made everything fun and enjoyable for all. We were a family of five, including my wife and our three children (age 20,12 &11). The boat was quick, smooth comfortable and just the right size.

Captain Ron told us what to expect and delivered. We saw lots of spinner dolphins and got to snorkel with them up close. We even got to explore a reef and found lots of fish and manta rays.

It is was a blast and we couldn't wait to return the following evening and go back out with Captain Carl and his first mate, Jessica. They were just as wonderful to us and very patient as we suited up in wet suits for our night swim with the mantas. Captain Carl was very informative and Jessica, a former Alaskan herself, took care of us in the water and kept us positioned perfectly to see the mantas and eagle rays.

We have told all our friends about both of these great tours and we will book again when we return next year. Many thanks again to Ron, Carl, Erin and Jessica for a great time and awesome family memories.

Captain Paul Comolli
Hoonah Travel Adventures

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This experience was absolutely NOT to be missed. The crew of the boat were imminently knowledgeable and very very friendly, and explained the whole procedure to us: why they picked the location, what manta rays are like (including their distinctive markings), and environmental effects on the animals. I would recommend these guys to anyone!!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I have explored 3 of the Hawaiian Islands and participated in quite a few adventures but he says that the manta ray snorkel was the best thing he's ever done.

We had a great experience with Coral Reef Adventures. They communicated well with us by phone and provided the info sheet by email. Our skipper was Carl and our guide was Sean, and they were fun and looked after us well. I wasn't all that keen on diving into the ocean at night with big manta rays but went along anyway. Glad I did! There are lots of other people, divers and snorkelers out there so it's not scary. We chose Coral Reef because it was a smaller group experience and just snorkelers.

It was kind of rough that night, but we are used to choppy seas and boating where we come from in Vancouver, so that was not a problem for us, and we are not prone to seasickness, but this is really not an experience I would recommend for a first-time snorkeler or for someone who is really nervous in or on the water.

We found the equipment to be fine and my mask was top notch, never leaked and had a comfortable neoprene cover on the back strap. The board we hung on to was fitted with really bright lights, probably the brightest out there, and I think other people were hanging around us because our lights really worked to attract the mantas.

At first I thought "why am I out here holding on to a raft at night looking at a bunch of plankton", but then the manta's arrived. It was breathtaking to be so close to such magnificent creatures. Sean dragged us around to get the best views and the time flew by. Unforgettable experience.

After 45 minutes we went back to the boat. My husband says he could have stayed out longer, but I was getting a little chilled at that point. By then it had calmed down quite a bit and we were back in the harbour in no time.

1  Thank debleslie