“Yummy Poke” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Da Poke Shack

Da Poke Shack
Ranked #3 of 283 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Redwood City, California
“Yummy Poke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I went when it was almost closing and there were limited options. Try to go during lunchtime! We got the hot spicy garlic ahi and the avocado ahi, and since there wasn't that much avocado ahi, they gave us Pele's kiss as well. All of them were super delicious but my favorite was the avocado. The creaminess of the avocado balances the flavor of the ahi. One minor thing is I did ask for the potato salad and she gave me the seaweed salad instead but I didn't bother to take it back since I like seaweed salad. Anyways, the food was really good and I would come back again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“Great Post-Dive Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Became a certified diver with my older son as we joined our younger one in this new avocation. Nothing better after three days in the water than a great casual take-out meal from this gem south of Kailua-Kona. Fresh, flavorful, fun. A perfect ending to our afternoon on the Big Island. Great service from the young ladies behind the counter too! Just don't go too late or it'll be all gone.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Best poke!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is a must to visit at least once while on the island. We ate there a couple times during our stay. The fish was so fresh and delicious! Seaweed salad and brown rice on the side. Perfect lunch. This is one of the places I miss most on the island. Hope to visit again someday!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Fresh poke!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We missed the place and had to turn around but it's worth the search. It's on Ali'i drive in a small lot in front of a condo. The lot is pretty small for the amount of customers streaming in. That tells you something. The poke is super fresh and they had several kinds to choose from. We had the special - think it was mixed with oyster sauce maybe- and the Wet Hawaiian. That was almost gone and after trying it I can see why. It tasted like it has a bit of kukui nut in it. Whatever it was, it was So good! When you come to Kona, you have to come here !

“Best poke I've had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having never been much of a fan of fish I was incredibly skeptical about trying poke but this place has changed my entire opinion on tuna! This was better than the poke I had anywhere else during our trip, including the one I tried in iron chef Morimoto's restaurant. The staff were great, giving us samples of whatever we wanted to try before committing to buying a whole bowl of it. The poke bowl was great value, including rice and a side (try the crab and broccoli salad!). The seating is limited, but as long as you're not expecting a fancy restaurant style dining room it's perfectly fine.

1 Thank Ellie S