“The best used bookstore I've ever been in!”
Review of Kona Bay Books

Kona Bay Books
Ranked #9 of 53 Shopping in Kailua-Kona
Calgary, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The best used bookstore I've ever been in!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

When I asked the staff where to find Harry Potter, they were able to tell me the aisle and shelf location without blinking an eye. The store was the largest I've seen, clean and well organized. I wish we had more time to explore, but this had to be a quick stop.

3 Thank Pam D

Vancouver, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Rescued on a rainy day!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

It was raining so hard that you could hardly see down the road, much less the beach. What better day than to find a bookstore. And what a store! Aisle upon aisle of well organized used books that would appeal to any bibliophile's heart; we found troves of out-of-print treasures, and fell in love with yet another part of Hawaii. Check out the waves, and then check out the books!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Steve T
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“I "heart" Books”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I LOVE books and I LOVE this bookstore. They have a large, well organized, warehouse space behind Island Naturals in the Old Industrial. Their employees are friendly, knowledgeable, and love books. Their used book prices are not 'cheap' but, then again, they're paying rent and employees. If you want cheap books, go to a library book sale or Amazon....and, by the way, good luck finding that special book. Theirs is not your 'usual' business model. They will take your used books and give you store credit. How cool is that? They have a huge inventory which includes dvds and, now, cds. I don't think they're going to get rich on their business model, but I hope they do well enough to stick around.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Nancy Z
Seattle, Washington
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Best used book store in Hawaii”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This used book store is the largest and best organized that I have found anywhere in the Hawaiian islands. They also will ship your books home for you for 1.50 per pound. Be advised however that the used book prices found here are about triple of the prices you find at mainland used bookstores. I found several hard to find books, and while triple the price, they were in good condition and worth it given their scarcity. Books for kids and rare books as well.

Visited February 2013