“Best massage I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Coconut Girls Makua Spa Wellness Center
Commerce Township, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best massage I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I get massages at home on a monthly basis, sometimes more. I've had massages at several top-end resorts, and my local favorites as well. We were staying at the Mauna Kea for a week and booked back to back 90 minute Lomi Lomi massages with Michelle--who came to our room and set everything up on our balcony. She was amazing--I can't even describe to you--she was friendly and gave us inside local info on where to eat and see turtles in Kona. I don't even remember how much we paid because I did compare price with the resort etc but there was no comparison. Next time I'm in Kona we won't hesitate to book her again!

Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Awesome massage + local business to support”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We found these ladies on Yelp originally when we decided we wanted to get massages but didn't feel particularly inclined to support the spa at our less-than-wonderful resort (Sheraton).

Makua Spa is located a little off the beaten track but not too far from the Hawaii Belt Road - we found it pretty easily with GPS, although they also provided directions. They were also very flexible with us when we wanted two massages at the same time, moving around another appointment and getting back to me in a very timely manner. Our massage therapists were two very nice women who gave us great massages and were very kind and intuitive.

All in all a great experience and I recommend supporting this local business if you can.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lisa B
San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Spot/Knot on! *House Call*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

After a disappointing massage at another spa during my vacation, I felt I wanted a real massage to get that "Aaaaah" factor in my vacation filled with hot sunshine and sea turtles. I looked up Yelp for some recommendations and the good reviews and mention of amazingly pure coconut anything being put on my body made me say, "Yep, that's it."

I am SO happy I gave Coconut Girls a try. I called during dinner (it was spur of the moment) and asked for a morning appointment which was made easily. Yay! That saved me from accompanying my boyfriend to the golf course, when all I really wanted to do was lay prone on some sort of flat space and do NOTHING but soak up some lotion and sun.

I discovered that they do house calls regularly and asked for someone to visit the resort I was staying at in Keahou Gardens for a 2 hour long massage. The receptionist asked for my preferences and what my expectations were, and they sent the perfect person.

Ashley embodies everything that a healer should be, and I believe massages are therapeutic and absolutely vital in preventative care. She arrived early, but called ahead to let me know she was in the area, that we could keep the original time or we could start if I was ready. She set up quickly and has a very genuine demeanor. I felt instantly comforted and we discussed my trouble areas and she offered some different options of how to utilize the 2 hours accordingly. She was definitely very attentive to my body and needs, and I knew immediately during the warm up that this woman definitely know what she's doing.

I've had massages at luxury resorts like the Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons in Maui, with my favorite at Maya Tulum Resort in Tulum, Mexico...and Ashley was right there with the best. I felt so relaxed and she explained afterwards the techniques she used on my body, which was really great! She even made recommendations for a coworker with spinal stenosis that I had described to her in passing and I was startled by the depth of her knowledge.

She also has a good sense of humor! No stuffy, pretentious crap here. We both burst out laughing when the landscaping guys began REALLY working right outside the door. Driving rip-roaring lawn mowers right by the balcony (ground floor!), trailed by edge cutters and even a full on leaf blower. I was already so relaxed by the first hour, I was just laughing and having a good time, it didn't upset me in the least!

Ashley also customized her own coconut lotion, into a truly lovely concotion. It had a lovely and LIGHT smell to it. I'm sensitive to scents and find that they can be too oppressive, but I didn't notice it at all! The lotion was so lightweight and hydrating, that I seriously chose to not take a dip in the pool at all that day and wished I could buy some to use regularly instead of using that Banana Boat sun care lotion that felt so heavy!

I was also surprised that the prices were so reasonable, even as a house call. $205 (final total!) for a 2 hour long knot busting massage. Totally worth every single penny.

Coconut Girls are on my Must Have list now when I visit the big island.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fatchamyleon
San Antonio, Texas
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 584 helpful votes
“Coconut Girls Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We were looking for a good Kailua Kona massage. Several local people suggested
Coconut girls located in the Kamanu Shopping Center just above Costco.
My BW and I showed up for our appointment and were greeted by Jamie and Maria.
Maria is an experienced masseuse and she knew how to take care of sore muscles all over.
She did an amazing job, and I would recommend Maria highly.
My BW had trouble staying awake as Jamie found areas that needed attention.
Thus is a nice, quiet location and you get more than your money's worth.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank bobemac
San Mateo, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Massage Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

The spa was cool, but I liked having them come out our hotel. I think they just moved above Costco though, so call ahead.

Visited July 2011