“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 21 Dessert in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Burbank, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Read the review on Trip dvisor and Yelp so I had to try this place. I had shave Ice in Maui also and I must say, this place was the best. I don't know if it was the flavor I picked or if there is difference in syrup used by other stores but this place was the best. I should have gone back this store more often and try different flavors before leaving Kona.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank IKADOTA

Los Angeles, California
“THE BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I don't want to sound like a Shave Ice snob. But, it's hard to find good Shave Ice that's really light and fluffy. Shaved Ice (with a "d") is just not the same. The ice is crushed and has a crunchy texture. Shave Ice should not crunch in your mouth, it should melt.

Okay - all that said, this place has the lightest, fluffiest Shave Ice we've ever tried. Should I dare say this place may be better than Matsumoto's on the North Shore?!!!

Don't miss out on their ice cream either. I tried one that I think was called Volcano. It was like eating Cookies 'n Cream, except instead of vanilla, they used banana. So good!

• Visited November 2013
Marinette, Wisconsin
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We went to this place for shave ice three times on our honeymoon. My wife loves it. The guys behind the counter gave us great service. The shave ice is a work of art! Also, the ice cream was delicious. We come from Wisconsin and we know good ice cream.

We might sneak one more in before we fly out tomorrow!

Seattle, Washington
“Really good shaved ice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The best I found on Alii Dr., not the best I've had in all the islands, my standard of comparison is Ullalanni on Maui, that gets an excellent from me.

Visited October 2013
Parabiago, Italia
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Not the best shave ice I’ve had in Hawaii, but a good one nonetheless. This little shop is
in downtown Kona. They have a large selection of flavors and several fixed combination
like rainbow, tropical…
You can choose up to three flavors and add other ingredients like coconut syrup, coconut
jelly or the ever present azuki beans. The small size is still a generous amount of shave ice.
The flavors are sweet but I was still able to distinguish them.
In general, this is an average shave ice spot, with fair prices.

• Visited September 2013