We were welcomed warmly at check in and were pleased that our unit was ready despite us arriving a bit early. The suite was spacious and clean with lovely furnishings and a great view of the ocean from the large lanai. The only complaint we had was regarding the pool adjacent to our unit. We were advised upon check in that the upper pool was "Adults Only".....which we greatly appreciated. The signage at the pool indicated that no children under 14 were allowed. Despite that, the first evening we were sitting on the lanai, the squeals and splashing of kids in the pool was hard to ignore. The next morning as we ate breakfast on the lanai....same thing, We spoke to the front desk and were advised to call the next time kids were in the pool and they would send security...which we did the next afternoon. The security guard came to the pool but stood back and observed without saying anything to the supervising adults. Eventually the kids left with their adults.....we did not see the security guard intervene at all. The final day of our stay as we lay by the Adults Only pool, a small toddler still in diapers was in the pool. It seemed that she was with a lady who was not a guest of the resort at all but rather was with one of the local painting crew working on the building beside the pool. When we checked out, we spoke to the front desk gal about this again and she said "kids are allowed as long as they are quiet". We said we were advised to the contrary and the signage at the pool confirms that. She said "really...hmmm". It seemed that there was a lack of understanding of the resort's rules and regulations by their own staff and security was reluctant to enforce the rules. Otherwise our stay was pleasant but as travellers without kids, we were very much looking forward to the quiet of an Adults Only pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona