7 day stay at this fabulous resort. My husband, myself and 15 yo daughter. Checking in at 5pm was not a problem, fast, efficient and very simple. Right into the unit immediately with assistance with our bags readily available. One downside, no elevators, and pulling luggage up 3 flights of stairs was a bit difficult but got it done. Don't remember if it was in the listing that there were no elevators so be forewarned. Hugh rooms, great atmosphere, felt like I was really on vacation. I would have liked a peak of the ocean at least from our large lanai but there were plenty of birds and golf course view if that is what you like.
Big master en suite with large soaking tub was well appreciated for after the day full of activities. Great water pressure and hot water. Bedrooms were large, stayed in the 2 bedroom and there was plenty of room for 6 adults if needed. One thing missing was a hair dryer in the second bathroom.
The kitchen had everything I needed but did not do much cooking this time. A little skimpy on the cookware but necessary items were adequate. One pet peeve in this type of unit, 6 oz coffee cups. I make a 12 cup pot of coffee and need a coffee mug to drink from instead of the little cups. ESPECIALLY in the Kona coffee capital of the WORLD.
Two packages of dishwashing powder, not enough. Did two loads so was enough for us, but like I said did not do much cooking. I took extra Tide Pods for laundry in a zip lock bag and some softener sheets because I knew from experience there wouldn't be enough. Hate to go and buy this type of item and have to leave half of it. Nothing better than coming home with suitcases full of clean clothes.
Televisions in 3 rooms, cable, very good WIFI signal.
We did go to the 90 minute presentation about the timeshares aspect and in trade received the Aloha card, discount deal for excursions. Saved us over $500.00 plus on activities so it was worth the 90 minutes. The card as a discount for anything else like dining was not worth the paper it is printed on. Was usable on a limited number of places and was not worth changing our plans to get a better deal on the meals so if you don't plan on buying into the timeshare, or doing any of the pricey excursions I wouldn't spend my 90 minutes for the meal discounts.
It was nice being able to rent beach chairs, coolers, boogie boards and other beach items from the resort. Great price for it and able to use it for several days worked out nicely. Easy to get it and return and the beach towel exchange was also very helpful.
Apparently we were in an older unit that had not been upgraded yet, but it was still very nice. The upgraded units had granite counter tops but that was about the only difference so don't worry if yours isn't an upgraded unit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona