We just spent 7 days at the Kona Coast Resort. The resort was easy to find, and I found it extremely convenient to outside amenities. It is not on the beach, but within walking distance. It is located outside of the downtown area, avoiding any traffic hassles; which I appreciated. The room was a great size, but still had yet to be updated. There was construction going on at the time, which really only affected us when there were guys going up/down ladders in front our our lanai. The also decided to paint the lanai while we were out one day, failing to put the furniture back. This caused a bit of alarm on our part since we were not aware that they'd be doing so that day. If you are not interested in buying in to the Shell Vacation timeshare, DO NOT attend the informational breakfast, or get sucked in to the "90 minute" (3 hour) presentation. In exchange for discounts on activities within the area, they promise a no hassle, no pressure presentation of what they are selling. In all honesty, I thought we were going to have to bust out of there like we'd just stolen something. They seemed to have a difficult time understanding that we would never spend $40K without discussing, or researching this type of purchase. Now, I know why. Shell Vacations happens to be listed on the top 10 timeshares not to buy in to (currently ranked #3). A lot of their statements were inaccurate, if not just lies. I especially disapproved of the crying spell that one broker engaged in while concluding her presentation. We did save a couple of hundred dollars on activity expenses by attending, but that's 3 hours of my life that I'll never get back. I would have rather paid full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona