“Simply Awesome!”

Shimaichi sushi kona
Ranked #38 of 299 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went here to celebrate my daughter's 15th birthday. What a great meal! My daughter is a vegan and, yes their vegan options are limited. However she ordered the seaweed salad, veggie rolls and a squash roll and was pretty content. My husband and I shared the 30 piece sampler. The fish is so fresh....just scrumptious.

The server was very friendly and helpful. Their prices are very reasonable....you won't be disappointed. The restaurant doesn't offer a scenic view but there is outside dining.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited for dinner and asked about vegan sushi rolls. Our server looked at us funny and said they were known for their fish. We managed to order vegan meals but it was a challenge. Shouldn't be so hard for them but they aren't trying. But the food tasted good and was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We stumbled onto this place by accident and were pleasantly surprised! Very good sushi for an unbelievable price! The miso soup was fantastic too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Watch out Wasabi's, Hayashi, and Sansei's! This place is blowing doors down on good sushi at an amazing price! Me, my opu, and my wallet have only left satisfied every time!!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had the 30 piece sampler. Yes I said 30 piece. OMG.

I had a delicous salad and my wife had soup.

I had a longboards beer and she had a glass of wine.

All this was in Kona, Hawaii and it was all delicious.

And the bill? Under 30.00. I still can't believe it.

Go and check them out. Now. You will not be disappointed.