Holua Resort is a great vacation rental - not a hotel (do not expect daily housekeeping - however, the number of towels and amenities was sufficient for our short stay) but it feels more like a home. Instead of a tiny (and empty) hotel room you get a large fully furnished condo (one or two-bedroom). I was happy with the fully equipped kitchen (dishes, appliances, cutlery, oven, fridge, toaster, microwave, blender, ... you name it), nice decor (comfy carpets, large sofa/futon in the living room, patio door from living room and bathroom directly to the garden, cool king-size bed). Although it was fully booked (I was told), the place was pretty quiet - I did not hear neighbors or any other noise (except of landscaping, gardening and sprinklers).
The landscaping is beautiful - tropical settings, artificial ponds and fountains, plumeria and hibiscus trees. The facility has pools (fence around - you need a code to access - we did not use it), several tennis courts and a large parking lot (underground and upper level). They even have free welcome drink & pupus once per week (we sadly missed it). There is a golf-club nearby.
Even when the check-in is officially at 4 pm, we arranged early check-in and got our room around 1 pm.
The location is not ideal - it's not a walking distance to any shopping center, city or a beach. However, only after a few minutes drive, there is a decent Keauhou shopping center (several restaurants, shops) and it's only a 10-minutes drive to Kailua-Kona. The nearest beach/ocean access is at the Sheraton resort (you can walk there but it's a harbor/concrete/rocky place, not a beach). On the other hand, the resort location makes it quieter and secluded, without the rush and noise of a classical vacation resort at the beach.
Generally, with service we got and price we paid, I would definitely recommend this place and I only wish I could stay longer than 3 nights. I would visit this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona