Napua was very helpful and assigned us a unit with a good high speed internet connection which was critical for us, as well as being furthest from the golf course refurbishing noise next door. The resort is not on the ocean, but we had a peek-a-boo view of the ocean from the dining area. The unit was very large and comfortable (2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and well appointed kitchen; probably about 1300 square feet overall). The bedrooms are on the lower floor and kitchen, living room, and 1/2 bath on the upper floor. If you have trouble with stairs, inquire if a one level unit exists. Each floor has its own lanai (porch). The unit has high ceilings throughout which is an added bonus.
The pools were not very clean when we arrived, but they were all cleaned about two days later.
Walking distance to Keauhou Bay where it's fun to watch canners or rent a canoe / stand up board. Farmers' Market is next door twice per week. Sheraton is also within walking distance. Keauhou Shopping Center (groceries, drug store, restaurants, post office, movies) is 1 mile away, as is Kahaluu beach park (great, shallow snorkeling). It can be a bit of a walk from the covered parking garage to your unit, but they have lots of golf carts to shuttle you and your possessions if needed.
Resort is a great place to stay and very quiet. As others said, it could use more BBQs since if you cook during peak hours you will likely have to wait. While waiting, get to know the friendly neighborhood kitties :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona