“Wonderful Experience During our Vacation”

Body Rhythms Massage and Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Body Rhythms is Kona's most (and best) reviewed spa. We are centrally located, on Kona's "main" street. We invite you to visit us and relax and enjoy the warm, inviting, and unpretentious atmosphere. Located in Kona's iconic lighthouse building, our facility is modest, but is impeccably clean and comfortable. We offer unparalleled service and very reasonable prices. A one hour Body Rhythms treatment is actually over one full hour! All full body massages include a free hot foot soak, foot massage and hot oil foot treatment in addition to your massage time. Body Rhythms has free on-site parking.
Round Rock, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience During our Vacation”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I booked several services at Body Rhythms during our Big Island vacation. We were staying at the Marriott but did not want to pay their prices. We realized that for the same price we could get longer and more services at Body Rhythms. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. We called ahead to make sure we could shower first because we were coming from a morning snorkeling trip. They had towels and toiletries ready for us. My husband LOVED his massage, and my facial was probably one of the most relaxing I've ever had. I also got a sugar scrub, which was a great exfoliating opportunity after being in the sand and sun for 10 days. The rest of the scrub was a gentle massage. My few constructive criticisms are that the walls to the rooms don't go all the way up to the ceiling so you can hear conversations in the reception area and neighboring room. (There is a second floor though, too, and I don't know what the situation is up there.) There is no sauna or steam room, but having the shower available and a nice vanity area was very helpful. All in all, I would highly recommend Body Rhythms as an alternative to the very expensive resort area spas. This place may have a few less frills by comparison, but the prices were far more reasonable, the services lovely, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. I also liked getting out of the resort area and supporting a local business.

Visited August 2014
Mitesh B, Guest Relations Manager at Body Rhythms Massage and Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Aloha Christina

Thank you for sharing your view, we appreciate your feedback as this helps us to improve our quality and service. We strive hard to meet and exceed guest expectation and make their vacation memorable. I am glad that you enjoyed small cozy spa and your Spa treatment. Please accept my sincere apology for inconvenience caused, we are working on raising the wall to enhance the guest experience. Unfortunately we don’t have enough space to squeeze in Sauna or Steam. Maybe in future if we move to bigger location we will certainly have some of those amenities to boost our guest experience. Hopefully on your next visit we will exceed your expectation and gain the 1 missing star.

San Jose, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Happy Husband, Happy Vacation”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Scheduled two appointments with them for my husband. Easy to email and call for appointments. VERY responsive to husband's needs for non-aromatherapy. Fragrances trigger his migraines, and BRM not only suggested he schedule his appointments for first thing in the morning when the suite has had a chance to air out a bit from the day before, but they were extremely attentive upon our arrival for him to confirm with them that he was not smelling any fragrances that would be a problem. They kept windows ajar, as needed; but even when closed (a few moments while landscaper was using blower outside) it was evident they took his needs seriously.

Their building is very easy to walk or drive to, easy to find, in easy access area of Kona. Very friendly check in, and quick checklist form to fill in. Small reception area is bright, airy, clean, and pretty, with beautiful water feature bubbling, and gorgeous meditational music playing. Such a great way to be welcomed.

His first appointment was with Daisy for their Endless Summer package, but changing the massage part to Deep Tissue from Swedish. Daisy is a radiant and calm person, and very friendly, and easy with laughter. Husband really enjoyed the package and the Deep Tissue massage. After his facial at the end, not only did he looked more relaxed, but he looked so much younger.

Second appt. was about two weeks later for a 50 min. Lomi Lomi with Yolanda. Yolanda is a bright and serene spirit, and very friendly with conversation. She also constantly checked with my husband to make sure all was well. While my husband fell in LOVE with the Lomi Lomi, Yolanda made sure to pay focused attention on some of his shoulder issues (she had asked him a lot of questions about it beforehand), which was greatly appreciated.

We are starting to make the Big Island a yearly trip - and we definitely be back to give my husband more of this kind of treat. As to value, YMMV, as people are always comparing to what they already know, and to what they find is important to them. For our experience, it was a splurge completely worth it.

Visited July 2014
Mitesh B, Guest Relations Manager at Body Rhythms Massage and Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Aloha

Our heartfelt thanks for your valuable time and sharing your genuine feedback, I am glad that he enjoyed the both the treatments and made your vacation memorable. We hope to see you again future.

Mahalo Aadesh Banthia
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Nice, clean space. WAY too expensive overall.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Slightly different length of time (5 minutes short) and price ( +5$) than advertised. Include a $20. Tip and I'm out the door at $165. Won't repeat.

Visited June 2014
Mitesh B, Public Relations Manager at Body Rhythms Massage and Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Aloha

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to request the opportunity to address your concerns:

$$ issue:
You had made the reservation for 95mins Spa Lomi Lomi which is originally $150, but with the monthly special you get it for $140 which is one of the best deal in town. As you claimed that we have charged you $5 more that is Hawaii state G.E. tax which is 4.17% of value of service, so 4.17% of $140 is $5.84. I am not sure if you realized that most of the businesses charge you the same. Your total bill was $145.84 +$20 tip brought to your total pay $165.84.

I apologize for the lack of communication due to which you felt that we charged you $5 extra.

Massage duration issue:
I would like to invite your attention to the fact that all our Spa massages includes 5 additional services like foot soak, foot massage, hot oil foot treatment, aromatherapy and hot stone back finale. Duration mentioned includes massage as well as these 5 additional services. Your massage time starts from the time of foot soak. I did check with my therapist who treated you, she said you arrived few minutes earlier so your treatment was started at 8:50 and she went overtime on table (which we always do) and do not rush as we give 30mins turnaround time for the next treatment. I also looked at your check out time on the credit card receipt and it was at 10:45 which shows that you were in the spa for about 1 hour 55 minutes.

We take pride in what we offer to our guests. Top notch service at a competitive price is our goal, if for some reason we were not able to please you I am happy to refund you the 20% of your service fee which will bring your invoice to $116.67 +20 tip (which, if you prefer I can refund that too).

I hope you will give us another opportunity and assure you to meet your expectations.

Tucson
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“They Really Know Their Stuff”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I both thought that this was the best massage we had ever experienced. It was so good that we doubled the tip we planned to give. We were treated by Daisy (husband) and Minako (me).

I especially appreciated that Minako paid so much attention to the areas I indicated on the information sheet I filled out before the massage. This was a very therapeutic And relaxing massage.

I also enjoyed the foot treatments and facial.

Would definitely recommend Body Rythms.

I will definitely go to them again.

It was definitely worth the money.

I've paid much more for spa treatments but enjoyed this much more.

Visited June 2014
Mitesh B, Guest Relations Manager at Body Rhythms Massage and Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Aloha Stephanie,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the couples endless summer special and made your vacation memorable. We hope to see you again future.

Aadesh Banthia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing and therapeutic ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Liked the local feel and cute lighthouse building. Daisy is a wonderful massage therapist. The atmosphere was relaxing and the deep tissue massage and hot stones were great. The windows were open for natural breezes, but some traffic noise does float in. Music and water feature help tone out the outside interferences. Thank you for a much needed massage on a much needed vacation.

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We try our best to provide top notch treatments to all our clients. We're glad that you enjoyed your session & look forward to see you again.

Aadesh Banthia