“Everybody got up”

US$103.13*
and up
Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson on the Big Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Get SURF LESSONS and RENTALS with Kahaluu Bay Surf & Sea in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Winner of the 2014, 2015 and now 2016 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award. Come experience the truly Hawaiian sport of surfing. Our friendly surf instructors teach people of all ages and skill levels how to surf in a fun and safe environment. We also have one of the largest selections of quality Surfboards, Stand Up Paddle Boards, and Snorkel gear for rent on the Big Island. The only surf shop located directly across the street from Kahaluu Bay, one of the best surfing and snorkeling beaches in Kona. So what are you waiting for? Book your surf lesson today!
Reviewed 8 May 2014

All our kids said that the surfing lesson was the highlight of the Hawaii trip.

My wife and I had tried surfing a few times, lessons in Australia and California. Never really got the hang of it, decided we weren't the right people for it. But the kids (14, 11, 7) wanted to try, so OK. Got a recommendation from a local, so we tried these guys out.

Ben gave a great opening lesson on how to get up. Fuzzy and Mike were great instructors. And my daughter, 7, said that Isha was super nice. With their help, everyone got up and surfed a wave multiple times.

I can't speak to how it is for experienced people, but for a family that is just getting started, this was perfect. Knowledge, expertise, friendliness, and a great spot to start. Outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 24 reviews
"personal attention"
"awesome experience"

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Convenient location for us near Kona. Mike was very helpful, had many good tips. Was lucky that our group for the group lesson only had 3 people, so we all got a lot of individual attention and several attempts to surf. Other groups in the water with us were huge, so I'm glad I went with this company. Everyone was very kind and professional.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Loads of fun learning to surf with my 14 & 16 year-olds. We met another family so there were 7 of us out on the water and all of us were first-timers. We all caught loads of waves and had a fantastic time! Instructors were really relaxed and attentive and made the morning awesome. It was one of the real highlights of our trip.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

On our honeymoon, my husband and I waited until the last minute to make appointments for surf lessons. My husband spoke with the very funny and charming 'KU' on the phone- and she got us right in with Ben and Isha. There just aren't enough reviews about this little lady, she is HILARIOUS and very welcoming. We both feel like we hit the jackpot with this excursion- Ben and Isha were beyond kind, professional and knowledgeable with great senses of humor! I seriously doubted that I would be able to stand up on the board, but I did! Isha was so enthusiastic and encouraging and genuinely excited for my husband and I each time we got up on a wave! Ben is super kind and patient as well, and though we didn't work with him as much as Isha, we could tell the other couple was having a blast! I know there are several choices of surf schools on Kona, but this is the best money we spent on our honeymoon (and we did a LOT). Also, we felt like we got the most of the experience given the individualized attention, rather than the group lessons that were happening at the same time with other instructors. We would do it again and again...and as their "favorite customers" (try to beat us! haha) ...we plan on coming back!

1  Thank Lauren M