“Volcano Van Tour Rocks!!!!”

The Volcano Van Private Tours
Ranked #42 of 199 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a personal and private tour provider serving all areas of the Big Island of Hawai'i, We allow our guests to get an up-close look at the Big Island's great volcanoes, including world famous Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth. Whether you're staying in the rain forests of Hilo, or the sun-drenched beaches of Kona and Kohala; we'll pick you up and introduce you to a day full of unforgettable excitement!
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Volcano Van Tour Rocks!!!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

It was such an amazing journey with Volcano Van Tours- right from the start till the very end. Rebecca was very helpful with the booking process and prompt in responding through mails and calls. And finally the day came to tour the Big Island. There is so much to see and i had only a day. Scott was a wonderful friend and guide who picked me up right on scheduled time and we bonded so easily. He is extremely knowledgable and witty. He took us to places which were not a part of the originally itinerary and was very flexible still making sure that we were on time in the volcano park to see the glow of lava from the crater. We had good hike in the vast lava field expense and also he took us to a lava tube which lies in its natural beauty. One of the highlights of the trip was also an open car window challenge while ascending to 6500 feet in the van :).... He also had packed an amazing lunch for us which included the sweet hawaiian pineapples. Had an amazing day out and thanks to Volcano Van tours for making my visit to Big Island so memorable. Definitely recommended any time and would love to take the tour again if i ever return on the island. Thanks a lot Rebecca & Scott.. Mahalo!!!!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank SPSurat

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour and excellent service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked the Kilauea Summit To Shore tour with them in mid-March. Since we are the only family and it became a private tour (I got to ride shotgun :) Scott is the tour guard and owner. I have to say that I learn a lot about the island and the volcano from him.

I don't know how to describe the highlight since I enjoys every place we stopped. Of course the last stop after dinner was seeing the lava glow in the Halemu'uma'u crater had great Wow factor.

We also visit another crater close along the chain of craters road. I would never be able to find it on my own.

With Scott' lively explanation about Lava and stories behind craters' names, this trip was never boring.

I probably don't do this trip justice as my description is pretty plain. But this is an efficient way to see the island volcano and sights (Scott will tailor the tour for me) in short time and it is an excellent tour.

This is a whole day trip (9am to 9pm), dress warm for the evening Lava viewing.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jessie C
NJ
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best way to see the Volcano and MORE!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I found The Volcano Van on line when searching for private guides on the Big Island. I spoke to a handful of other companies but ultimately chose the Van. Scott was our guide and also the owner. From the start Scott was energetic and fun. He had a great knowledge of the island and all the ‘fun facts’ about the sights we visited. The entire trip took about 12 hours where we experienced the varied regions of climates on the island. We stopped at a fruit stand, coffee shop, lunch spot and the not-to-be-missed donut shop. We saw waterfalls, forests, lava tubes, lava fields, dramatic sea cliffs and of course, the volcano crater. We finished the trip with a dusk view of the volcano and then headed back to the Hotel. This was a very efficient way to see the island.

I would recommend taking a private tour and I would highly recommend using Scott and the Volcano Van. We visited 3 islands on this trip and this tour was my family’s favorite part. Mahalo."

Visited December 2013
3 Thank GBM61
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“worth the price”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I signed up for the Volcano Van tour through our hotel. We chose not to rent a car while on Hawaii, so we were looking for a way to see some of the sights, and volcanoes in particular. Scott picked us up on time, was personable, and VERY knowledgeable about Hawaii and volcanoes in particular. Our stops were memorable, the views spectacular, and the glow at night from Kilauea Crater was fab. A sandwich and chips for lunch was all that was needed (NO additional cost), and our restaurant for dinner was satisfactory if not memorable(additional cost). My only suggestion is for the addition of a pillow for more lumbar support on the van seat backs. Otherwise, well done Scott!

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Way to see the Big Island”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The "Big Island Volcano Adventure" with Scott was a great way to spend a day and to see the island's natural beauty. Everything went according to plan, no hassles, on time pick up and Scott's knowledge of the Island's volcanoes, waterfalls, lava fields, lava tubes and eruption history was outstanding. Late at night we were able to see the glow of the lava from the crater.
We even went shopping with Scott for some Big Island University basketball shirts, not just a volcano guy but a shopping guide as well. As it turned out we had a personal tour as we were his only guests for the day, it could not get any better.
Thanks Scott, we will spread the word to our Aussie friends about your great tour.
Regards Greg and Robyn Lloyd