WorldMark Kona
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kona Tiki Hotel(Kailua-Kona)
View Hotel
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort(Kailua-Kona)
Sea Village Resort(Kailua-Kona)
Royal Kona Resort(Kailua-Kona)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)
View Hotel
All reviewswasher and dryerwe've stayedmusty smellthe big islandmaster bathroomstayed here for nightsfree breakfastalii driverental carenjoyed our staypoolamenitiesorientationbbqpropertyunitocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2009

The Conceirge doesn't actually work for Worldmark, but by agreement (and presumably some kickback arrangement) Expedia staffs a "Conceirge Desk" to sell activities to guests. I found the Luau at the Royal Kona Resort was actually cheaper to book on line (it was GREAT by the way), but did trust the Conceirge when she said that a snorkel trip by Sea Hawaii Rafting (SHR) was a great choice for families, and booked it through her.

I specifically asked if SHR provided infant life vests, because I had a 18 month old with me. It was not until we were on the boat and pulling away from the dock that I found out the conceirge was totally wrong about this. I would not recommend using this service - do it yourself on line (they have a computer for free use in the lobby) or go to Snorkel Bobs.

We did our "Owner Update" and were promised it would only take 45 minutes. Because of Worldmark's assign policy that both my husband and I had to be there, we had to drag our 4 year old and 18 mo old with us. We didn't get out of there until an hour and a half later...be warned.

Other than those two things, the place is very nice and well kept and is walking distance to the little waterfront strip of shops and resturants.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank SeattleA&B
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Great Location, walk to restaurants, beach, bars, shopping.
Condos need some upgrates but still nice. All the condos face the pool and gardens. Across street is the aquamarine ocean.
Lulu's bar good place to have a cocktail, dance or have fun.
Visit Hilo side, lush, real hawaiian feeling, waterfalls.
Mahalo
Enjoy Hawaii

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Sebastianmiki
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancleave, Mississipi
Reviewed 14 June 2005

We just spent more than a week on the Big Island. WorldMark was absolutely the best place to "call home" while being on vacation. The service was absolutely fantastic. The rooms were beautiful and I certainly enjoyed being able to take home clean laundry because of the "in home" washer and dryer. How can the view possibly be improved???The pool below---the Pacific Ocean out front and,of course, the mountains out to the back. I would recommend WorldMark Kona to anyone looking for above average accomodations and friendly faces.

• Stayed: May 2005
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 26 August 2004

I was born and raised on Oahu, so my perspective may differ from a visitor coming from, say, the Midwest. With that said...

Location:
WorldMark Kona is located off the main strip of Kailua-Kona. This is not a waterfront property and it didn't really matter at all for me (see note above). The ocean is across the street and through some property, but I never actually tried going to the beach. WorldMark is slightly too far away to walk to all the shops and restaurants on the Alii strip since there's no real sidewalk that goes down there. And the traffic and dimly lit street makes it rather dangerous to walk especially at night. However, it's just a minute drive there, and we didn't have too much trouble finding parking. Lots of shops and restaurants. Even a beach volleyball court.

Rooms:
The rooms were clean, very comfortable, relaxing, spacious and well-lit. We've stayed in a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom. After staying in a 1-bedroom suite, it's very hard to go back to a 350 sq. ft. hotel room. The biggest difference from staying at a traditional hotel is that I actually feel at home. Having a kitchen and a living room makes it easy to relax after a long day out in the sun.

Bottomline:
From my experience, WorldMark has been very consistant in the quality and service at their timeshare resorts. (I've been to Kihei, Kona, and Las Vegas). I even plan on visiting two more of their properties this year. Whenever on the Big Island, I don't bother looking at staying anywhere else.

44  Thank A TripAdvisor Member