We were at this hotel for 10 days in February 2013. We had a very decent room, well equipped with a view of the golf course and hilly range. It was a very quiet hotel, clean and good centre point for a home base while touring the island. Our package included breakfast each day, which was not fancy but quite nice, overlooking the ocean. The other restaurant available was Ray's where you could see the Manta Rays coming up to feed on the rocky area just metros away. They were so awesome to see!
This was our first time at a destination hotel that wasn't all inclusive and we are so glad it wasn't.
It was up to us to explore the island at our own schedule. No tour busses lining up to take you to the brochure tourist locations, stuck on a bus all day. We may not have had the chance to explore the gems the island had to offer if we didn't have our own rented car. The restaurants we found were not on any "must see" brochure, just word of mouth from locals and other travelers. Definitely would recommend the Sheraton again. Word of warning though, it does really roll up the rug after 9:00 pm. So if you want nightlife, this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona