My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon and we really enjoyed our stay.
Room: Everything about our room was updated and nice with the exception of the toilet/shower area of the bathroom, which looked outdated but was serviceable. We were upgraded to a room with a huge private balcony and a view of the bay, which was gorgeous.
Pool: The pool area was not the most insane/luxurious I've seen, but it was very nice. There was a towel service, and most of the pool has ocean views. (It's HUGE - sort of multiple pools than connect to one another -but the best part is by the ocean). We never had difficulty finding a chair, although we generally went out sightseeing during the day and returned to the hotel and pool in the late afternoon. The sun sets over the water, so you can see a great view from the pool - we enjoyed that several times. My husband also enjoyed the water slides! Note that in this area of Kona, the shore is rocky so there is no beach.
Restaurant options - We enjoyed the food and drinks at the pool bar, which unfortunately did not have a direct ocean view (that was saved for the seating around the pool), and closed at 5 (so not an option for dinner unless you like to eat early). The breakfast prices were outrageous so we left for our sightseeing and ate outside the hotel. We had drinks at Rays on the Bay and enjoyed the view of some huge waves!
Location - This is a short drive to the downtown Kailua-Kona area, which we enjoyed, a reasonable drive from the airport, and a somewhat long but do-able drive to the Hilo side of the island, which includes Volcanoes National Park. We drove over there twice and enjoyed our choice to stay in Kona but drive to Hilo side for sights. Note that the downtown area is NOT walkable - we rented a car.
Summary - Overall, this satisfied our expectations. When we arrived, it had the somewhat luxurious feel and view that we wanted; the rooms were great expect for the outdated bathroom which was still okay; the pool area was good and the view fantastic; and there were somewhat reasonable food options most of the time. We rented a car and were away from the hotel a lot of the time too, so I'm not sure how we wound have felt about it as a resort where we spent all of our time, but for how we planned our stay, it was a success! I did not rate Value b/c we booked it as part of a package with air travel, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona