Sheraton Kona does not have any beach. The oceanfront rooms above the oceanfront bar has view of the lava rock cliff. When the wind picks up, from the rooms' lanai you can see dramatic wave crashing into the cliff with spray up to 2 or 3 stories high. When the sea is calm at night, you can see the manta ray night snorkeling happening in about 100 to 200 yards away from the cliff. With good binocular, you get a glimpse of the manta ray swimming. (Highly recommend that you join the manta ray night snorkel cruise by Sea Paradise. It is relatively inexpensive and its boat depart just a short way from Sheraton. If you can snorkel, you must try this. Just hope for calm weather)
The hotel facility is clean and comfortable. Yes, there is a resort fee but internet wi-fi works great. We had a lot of fun at the pool. It was clean and big enough that we didn't feel the spring break crowds like the Maui hotels. The pool water was not cold. The water slide was fun for adults and kids.
Breakfast buffet was fine. Good selection of local fruits. Wish that there was more selections of local flavored breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful. The front desk corrected 2 minor problems very quickly.
Sheraton Kona has big and interesting ground with some history. Beyond the hotel, there is not much to see within walking distance. A few good restaurants in Keahou Shopping Center are within 5 minute drive. Try L&L, a local chain which you can sample what locals eat. Kahaluu Bay is a good beginner snorkeling place close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona