“HYPR NALU is a first class Outfit”
Review of HYPR Nalu Hawaii

HYPR Nalu Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Coaching Services:- We have Advanced LESSONS on SURFING, PADDLEBOARDNG, YOGA, SWIMMING, Strength Training, Outrigger Canoes, Surfskis ( Kayaks ) Bodyboarding. Even as Tourists, we treat all our guests as athletes because believe competition techniques and knowledge is the FASTEST, most Stable and most efficient way to SURF & paddle i.E. DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME. We EDUCATE our guests to be able to SELF COACH. World's best Boards - Established in 2002. We make ALL our own Stand Up Paddleboards, Surfboards and Outrigger Canoes. We started out as a maker Hi-Performance Carbon Outrigger Canoes & Paddleboards in Kona, Hawaii. We opened an ocean front store so that paddlers, surfers and tourists could come test our products in a convenient location on the Kona Pier. We sell our unique products by "word of mouth".
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Ian and his family run a great shop! For any one interested in SUP or surfing this is a must. The lessons are a true value. They condense years of knowledge into minutes. For those looking to take their ability to the next level these guys can get you there, even if your just starting out. Added pluses are their great location in Kona, surf and flat water, and the off shore views of the island. Plus Ian builds some fantastic boards.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Going to the Big Island and thinking of trying a SUP? Go see Ian and Lauren at HYPR across from the King Kamehameha for the best instruction and equipment anywhere. I had tried a couple of other standups and wasn't impressed but had seen the HYPR boards and decided to give them a try. What more can I say; I bought one! I got great instruction from Lauren and then went out paddling and had an awesome time. Jody wasn't sure about paddleboards but after an introductory lesson from Ian she was out paddling with total confidence and before the day was over she was asking which one we were going to get! You will have a great time - guaranteed!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My first trip to Kona went great! I had a surfing and paddle board lessons. The staffs were super friendly,helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you Ian and Chris for all the help! Aloha from Arizona.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ian knows what he is talking about! Listen and learn...I was an experienced paddle boarder but he was able to teach me better technique and made it a great experience! Plus their location is perfect! Got to paddle with the dolphins

1  Thank flyinghannah
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Not wanting to leave our 25th year anniversary trip to Hawaii without surfing, I hired Ian and crew to give me a lesson. After a simulator lesson, which went great, we followed Chris - one of Ian's instructors, to the beach next to the little blue church. Let the adventures begin. My wife accompanied us as my papparazzi - complete with Ipad to video my adventure. Chris was not only interesting to talk to but also a good instructor. I got up on the board with no problems and surfed my way to shore the first time. We surfed for about two hours and it was a blast. I also enjoyed hanging out with the local surfers while waiting for the next wave. Interesting conversation and just good fun. My wife was calling me "Moon Doggie" - for any of you who remember the old Gidget series with Sally Fields. Now I cant wait to do it again - only it will have to be in Myrtle Beach since we are Tennessians. For anyone considering a surf adventure, go hang ten with Ian and crew and have a blast. Aloha.....

1  Thank yomaryjo