“Great food, friendly service!”

Quinn's Almost By The Sea
Ranked #26 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Eldridge, Iowa
“Great food, friendly service!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We really enjoyed our time at Quinn's. We came to watch a basketball game. Saw lots of Green Bay Packer memorabilia! Awesome, since we are Packer fans! Food and service was excellent. It is quite the busy, hopping place. We sat inside to watch the game, but most people opted for the patio area out back. I had the Ono deep fried fish sandwich with pineapple cole slaw. It was delish! Others had fish tacos and burger. All was very good and reasonable priced. Portions were generous. My fish sandwich was huge! I would definitely go to Quinn's again. It looked like many of the patrons are regulars. Busy place and the sign of a good restaurant!

Visited March 2014

Milton, Wisconsin
“Great experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We heard these restaurant owners were from Wisconsin so thought we would give it a try. Had a cheeseburger and Fish tacos! Yummy! The pineapple coleslaw was The Best!! Great experience. Would highly recommend if you are looking for local food, good portions, and a great price!

Rocky Mountains Usa
“Great seafood in a relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a wonderful lunch on excellent seafood here. We were there for a late lunch so crowding was not an issue. The service was timely and quite friendly as well.

la verne
“Good spot for wings”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stopped by here based on previous reviews. Arrived around 5:30 before the crowd. The lady that came by our table after we sat ourselves was OK but not overly helpful. Based on comments I ordered the wings. I asked for 6 of each type, Korean and buffalo with sauces on the side. Both were great. Came on top of some chopped cabbage that I turned into a salad.
The service was almost non existent. I got a local Kona beer when I could order. Had to stop her walking by for another. In all fairness, the second dining room had just opened and she was serving both areas. I did note that a large group seemed to know her and got her attention.
My son had a beef sandwich. He is a little particular and had asked the server if it had a "lot of meat" of which she said yes. NOT SO MUCH. Average but not large by any means.
Food was reasonably priced and some other food going by looked pretty good.
I would try it again but would probable wait for a table for better service (hopefully)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One word: Awesome”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I wish I could tell you everything that is great about Quinn’s but there just isn't enough room. It comes down to the people and the food. Both were outstanding. My wife and I went there 3 times for lunch and each time we had great service and great food. They should teach some of the other finer restaurants in the area around Kona how to do it right. We had to of the best bartenders, Manny and Sarah…. You both made lunch a great experience. Great job!!!! The food is so good... trust me, I will be back there next time I am in Kona, HI.