“Great Night, Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$55 - US$55
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Sylvan Lake, Michigan, United States
“Great Night, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Went without the kids for a night out. Great place to unwind. This is a very special place. Food was great, service was perfect, wine recommendation was awesome (and reasonably priced). Just what we needed.

• Visited March 2013

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best restaurant on the island by a mile!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is by far THE best restaurant I have ever been to on the Big Island. I moved back here from the San Francisco Bay Area after being spoiled by their abundance of excellent restaurants to choose from, I was so happy to finally find a restaurant that compares to what I experienced in San Francisco. One of the few restaurants that are pricy but actually worth every single penny you spend there! Both my significant other and I LOVED everything we ordered. I usually don't eat the whole meal when I am out at dinner, but everything was so good that I ate it all! I got the Venicen in a pomegranate sauce that was out of this world! And the homemade vanilla icecream with raspberry sauce was one of the best desserts I ever had.

The atmosphere is awesome, cute tiny little restaurant, would recommend making reservations (just note, it's not on the water or in a spectacular location or anything, very simple and tiny little restaurant, the food is so worth coming here. Enjoy!!!! :)

• Visited November 2012
kona hawaii
“Amazing French food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a cottage setting in the bland food belt of what we in Hawaii call Hawaiian food, well thank god none of that on the menu.
Place is older, but then again, just as I would expect in a foreign country.
The food, where to start.
I would have everything if I could because everything we had was awesome. The French onion soup is the best I have ever had, perfect marriage of favors on everything. The snails were great, the salad awesome, and my lobster was just okay. My husbands rabbit was the best I have have in years. We also had chocolate souffle. Amazing. Plus two oth deserts, just can't remember them. Wine parings were spot on.
Cant afford to eat here often, but well worth the special occasion. And by the way, not to offend. People in French are not all the friendliest. The atmospear of France was spot on. I even hear some screaming. Made it taste better.
Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Food fine, manners a bit surprising”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

It was all fine until the check came up, can't believe they had hand written "15% gratitude" on the tab. Was to tip 20% as usual, really shocked by this. Are they really that worried about not getting tipped enough? Only cheapest places do this in my experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, PA
“For a fancier meal in Kona”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I liked the different pace of this restaurant- its unlike anything else in Kona. I actually had the brie and apples appetizer discussed below and didnt see any note that said it served 4 people! I wish I had. They probably should have said something when we ordered two apps for the two of us (one being the brie and apples) but I don't hold it against this place. Its run by a couple and they do everything- they are the chef, sommelier, waitress, maitre d'. We really enjoyed our meal, my husband had their world famous cassoulet and loved it.

• Visited January 2013