“Okay Thai”

Bangkok House
Ranked #59 of 293 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We read the reviews and decided to give the Bankok House a try. We went for an early dinner right at 5:00 pm and the service was excellent, but we thought the food was just so, so. I must admit that we spend our summers back in Minnesota and we do have some of the best Thai food around because of our huge Hmong population. We spend winters in Arizona and unfortunately we have not been thrilled with the Thai restaurants that we have tried there either. We have also been to Thailand and have eaten Thai food in many cities because Thai and Indian are our favorites. The tempura and cashew tofu dishes that we had were okay but nothing to brag about. The sticky rice was good, and maybe some other dishes such as the curries are really good, but as much as I don't like to give less than excellent reviews, I also hate to go to a restaurant expecting great things based on reviews and then being dissapointed. So...maybe it is the place to go for Thai food in Kailua-Kona, but maybe not somewhere to go too far out of your way for.

There are newer reviews for Bangkok House

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The food, service and presentation are great. I recommend this to any of my guests that request Thai food recommenations. It's not inexpensive but it's very good!

1  Thank SandysCondo
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Passing through we checked trip advisor and decided to try Bangkok House. It was our last meal on the big island and we were not disappointed. Even if a cruise ship was in the harbor, locals and regulars were customers, besides us. We have been to Thailand many times and love the food. I highly recommend Bangkok House's crispy duck. Great meal, beautiful presentation and great value. Check it out!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

This small place is tucked away on the 2nd floor of King Kamehameha Mall in Kailua-Kona and could easily be missed! I went with a family friend that lives on the island who had stumbled upon it one day. Lucky me! I have eaten Pad Thai at several other restaurants around the island and this one is my favorite so far. The staff is very friendly and they have reasonable prices. The view looks out onto the parking lot and nearby hotels but the food makes up for what it lacks in view. I'm looking forward to trying another dish on my next visit!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Reasonably priced Thai food with a good selection to choose from. Right across the road running along the beach. The service was friendly. A relatively quiet place to have a meal.