“The best breakfast we've ever had”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
O'Fallon, Missouri
“The best breakfast we've ever had”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went to Island Lava Java in search of a good latte. I found that, and so much more.

My wife and I went for breakfast on the morning of our five-year anniversary. I didn't mention that, but we lucked out and were seated at the secluded "honeymoon table" with a great view of the ocean.

I ordered a latte and a papaya half covered in vanilla yogurt and homemade granola. The latte art was a delightful palm tree, and the latte tasted great. The homemade granola on the papaya half was delicious, and my wife really enjoyed what she ordered as well.

We both agreed that this was the best breakfast we had ever had, and we just so happened to stumble upon it for our five-year anniversary. Great success!

• Visited June 2014

chicago
“Great location, food just okay.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The location is to die for but we both thought the food and coffee was just okay compared to other meals we had on the island. We had a 3 week vacation so we ate alot in 3 weeks! Had fish tacos with very little fish. Mostly cabbage and a tiny piece of fish. My husband had a salad which looked good. My latte was good but not great. I asked for a dessert menu which never arriived. She brought the check, we paid and left. We never got water as asked....so....service was lacking as well. Just ok.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank kcorn
San Francisco, California
“The only place for morning coffee and muffins”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Love this place for coffee and breakfast. My favorite walk is along Kona's shoreline to an early morning greeting and great coffee.

• Visited July 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Ahi poke wrap to die for”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

As this appeared to be the only restaurant on the street with cloth on the tables we thought we couldn't go wrong. And, my, we did not! Their ahi poke wrap was amazing (and sooo big). I am not a big fan of fish sandwiches - but their Ono sandwich was VERY good too. Smoothies and fresh juices were also very good. The pizza was just ok.

• Visited July 2014
Snohomish, Washington
“The absolute BEST fish sandwich EVER!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I have been searching for the world's best fish sandwich for the past couple of years. I thought I'd found it with Craig's Big Fish Sandwich down in Key Largo but believe me, it pales in comparison to the sandwich offered up at Lava Java. Fresh seared tuna on a freshly baked bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, and a superbly concocted tomato salsa/jelly creation that perfectly completes the experience. If you like fish sandwiches and you desire perfection, this is the one!

1 Thank Mrmugooo