“Fantastic food, terrific service, elegant atmosphere”
Review of Hualalai Grille

Hualalai Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Hualalai Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 292 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hualālai Grille, overlooking Hualalai Golf Course, boasts an open-air wrap-around patio and spectacular views of the sunset. This American Steakhouse with island-infused flavors is open for dinner and offers Prime steaks with hand crafted traditional sides, Island Fresh Fish favorites, local Hāmākua Mushrooms, and Macadamia Nut Toffee Ice Cream Pie are just some of the house favorites. The culinary philosophy at the Hualalai Grille is to start with ingredients from the island, and then beyond – ensuring incorporation of the freshest, most sustainable ingredients available. Working with over 160 local farms, approximately 75% of the food served at the Resort is from the Island of Hawaii.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Tremendous... Starting with the open-wall seating so you're protected from sprinkles but can enjoy the sea breeze, moving through cocktails, wine and an amazing dinner, this place is hard to beat. If you're staying at the Four Seasons don't miss it. If you're not staying there, don't miss it. They, like the other restaurants on property, offer a great GF menu. They were also able to customize a dish based on existing ones so that I felt like I got the best of all possible options. Our server, Michael, had a terrific sense of humor and was attentive without being obtrusive. Overall, definitely a 5-star experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

As other reviewers said, this place doesn't enjoy the hype that Ulu and Beach Tree, the other main restaurants on the Four Seasons property, get. But it should - we actually enjoyed this meal more than Beach Tree! The ambience isn't quite as nice as Ulu or BT's, but it's still nice and the quality of the food was excellent. My husband and I had the filet mignon and the New York sirloin, which were great, and the sides of mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts (flash fried) were just as good. The macadamia nut ice cream pies were absolutely amazing! Our server, Jason, recommended the desserts and the Brussels sprouts - and we're glad he did. Oddly, the manager was visiting every table but skipped ours (maybe because we're young?), but our server and the comp'ed dessert for our honeymoon more than made up for that. No complaints! All in all, a wonderful experience I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to visitors and FS guests.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Hualalai Grille is the 3rd restaurant at the Four Season's resort at Hualalai sitting on top of the golf shop. This location has hosted a variety of different restaurants over the years - some good and some not so good. This latest version is a bit of a classic steak and seafood restaurant. I had a NY strip steak and my wife had scallops. Both meals were excellent. The steak had a great char grilled flavor and the five large scallops on my wife's plate were great. This restaurant does not get the attention the other two do at Hualalai but if you stay at the resort or nearby, you are making a mistake if you don't eat here.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here once during our stay at the Four Seasons. Service was good, and the manager was especially friendly. The pretzel bread was fantastic, as was the thin crispy cracker bread sprinkled with sea salt. My husband enjoyed the oyster appetizer and I liked my wedge salad. For dinner, my husband ordered a lobster pasta, which he loved. Menu description: Seafood Pasta - Sautéed Lobster, Scallop, Shrimp, Mushrooms, Brillat Savarin Sauce, Penne Pasta.
This delicious pasta had chunks of pancetta in it, and we are pescetarians. Our server knew that we were pescetarians before we ordered, and he did not inform us that the seafood pasta had pancetta in it. Oh, well! A little bacon never killed anyone, and my husband said that it was his favorite meal of the trip. I ordered the baked potato, sauteed mushrooms, and the summer squash, which was tasty. We were too full for dessert.

The ambiance of the restaurant was dreamy. The soft music playing, the breeze blowing, the palm trees swaying...it made for the perfect night. It felt like we were in a tree house, since the restaurant is set up high in the palm trees. On our next trip to Hawaii, we will be back to the Hualalai Grill!

1  Thank grlgrdgate
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This restaurant doesn’t stack up as well as the others at the resort. It is a beautiful restaurant. We saw the menus outside the restaurant and we thought there would be a large variety. When we were seated, we were surprised to see such a limited menu. The only filet mignon they were serving was a 6 oz filet. They had five wines by the glass and three were white. I ordered a pork chop and my husband ordered a New York steak, items we wouldn’t normally order at a steakhouse. We prefer 10 ounce filets. The food was delicious, but we felt that the menu selection was limited.

1  Thank lovethefoodbiz