“Delicioua & beautiful”
Review of Hualalai Grille

Hualalai Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Hualalai Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 300 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hualālai Grille, overlooking Hualalai Golf Course, boasts an open-air wrap-around patio and spectacular views of the sunset. This American Steakhouse with island-infused flavors is open for dinner and offers Prime steaks with hand crafted traditional sides, Island Fresh Fish favorites, local Hāmākua Mushrooms, Big Island WOW Tomatoes and Macadamia Nut Toffee Ice Cream Pie are just some of the house favorites. The culinary philosophy at the Hualalai Grille is to start with ingredients from the island, and then beyond – ensuring incorporation of the freshest, most sustainable ingredients available. Working with over 160 local farms, approximately 75% of the food served at the Resort is from the Island of Hawaii.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had the good fortune to eat dinner here twice in February. Each meal was fabulous. Service was impeccable.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband took me here for Valentines day. We got seated on the balcony and it was breath taking. We had no idea what to expect as we had never been here before. The service was spectacular, they wined and dinned us like we were the only ones that mattered and it was wonderful. The food was out of this world. The ribeye steak melted in your mouth. It was all like a dream. We enjoyed it so much we made reservations for our 30th wedding anniversary. Once again everything was top notch. They even gave us a peace of their wonderful mud pie and on the plate it had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate, very classy. So if you want a romantic get away with lots of great service and outstanding food this is the place for you. Make sure to request a balcony set!

Lisa

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family and I were staying at The Four Seasons and decided to try The Hualalai Grille one night. Unfortunately, this was easily the worst restaurant we ate at in Hawaii.

Though the atmosphere and service were excellent, the food was all either tasteless (the asparagus side), over seasoned (the steaks), or just plain stupid (why would one freeze watermelon in a tomato salad, especially in a place like Hawaii). At the end of the day, I'd eat at either of the Four Seasons' restaurants in a heartbeat before going back to The Hualalai Grille -- it just isn't worth it.

2  Thank Theate3541
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I knew this was going to be a bad night when I ordered a beer and I got a mixed drink. Sent it back and got a warm beer. The onion soup was ok but not prepared with traditional cheese on top. The steak was small and salty as was the baked potato. My wife had 4 small prawns and a small filet. Not very good. Others at the table were Aldo disappointed. Would not repeat and clearly not las good as the other restaurants on the Four Seasons property. The service was very weak.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

You might think it is not going to be anything special because it is at the Golf Course, but think twice! It is wonderful. Don't worry if you aren't sitting right by the edge, after it gets dark there isn't a view anyway - but all seats get the lovely breeze through the trees. Drinks - great selection and well done. I had the opakapaka and it was delicious. Oysters were yummy as well, and the steak was good (and huge) according to my boyfriend. Worth a try for sure.