“Amazing Fishing with Captain Steve and First Mate Nate!”

Huntress Sport Fishing
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Fishing with Captain Steve and First Mate Nate!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had our family of four charter this boat and we so grateful for the experience! I researched quite a bit for a boat that was clean and a captain who was a gentleman--as we have two kids. Captain Steve was great about answering my questions as I was searching for the perfect experience and his rates were just right. The other reviews are accurate! Shortly after we got on board and were given a tour of this very nice and very clean boat, the first mate taught our boys (ages 11 and 14) all about catching a Marlin and sitting in the big chair! That was so fun and his attention and care for my boys knowing it was their first time fishing on the Kona coast was so nice. And we did catch a 180 pound Marlin!! Captain Steve and Nate work very hard at finding fish and helping to bring it in (we lost a couple big Marlins because of their bony jaw--making it easier for them to get off). They were attentive and very much focused on giving us an experience to remember! Loved this day and would book with this boat and captain again. Perfect in every way!! Both the captain and first mate LOVE fishing and LOVE to provide an amazing fishing experience for others.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Pamela W

Mobile, Alabama
“Can't Wait to Go Back”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

These guys are the best at their sport. I have been on many other chartered trips in Hawaii, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Keys to name a few. This crew puts all those other crews to shame. After fishing with them, I don't think I want to fish with anyone else (at least in Hawaii), because once the bar is set as high as they set it for me, nothing can compare. The mates Sam and Mitch (who is a licensed Captain and Marine Surveyor) couldn't be a better team, especially with the salty captain at the helm. Sam and Mitch made sure I was looked after and comfortable the whole trip....except when Mitch but me on a slamming 600# Blue, what a ride! The most impressive part of the fight, was having her to the boat in 12 minutes!! I mean who can do that? The fish was smoking hot when she came in and looked gorgeous. The best part about it was after I had safely and appropriately secured the rod, I got to take a priceless photo with the fish before we released her. The icing on the cake was also catching the small spearfish and watching Mitch harass the poor Mahi Mahi we caught when they got on board...and by harass I mean cut down and hog tie with a vengeance, he apparently has a thing out for Mahi Mahi. I would definitely go with these guys again any time I am in Hawaii or anytime another chartered crew lets me down.. Even better, Mitch apparently does other gigs in Canada fishing for Bluefin Tuna. So if you can't catch him in Hawaii, track him down in Canada!! These guys are definitely a must do if you like to big game fish, or would like to go for your first time!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Donnie251
Thomaston, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best fishing experience in my life”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've fished all my life from offshore Virginia,the upper U.S. (fresh water) to the Florida keys and Cuban waters. I have never had such an adventure in fishing as I had aboard the "HUNTRESS"
charter boat out of Kona,Hi.
First time out fishing for blue marlin the captain (stymie) along with mate Mitch(who is also a registered captain)put me on to a 450 lb marlin that was caught,tagged and released.(what a thrill)
These guys really care about their clients and bust their a_s'es to make sure everybody in the party is comfortable and happy.These guys are pro's and do whatever possible to give you the experience of a lifetime battling these powerful and beautiful fish.
The Huntress is a very comfortable air conditioned fishing machine with a long history of large marlin. I think the cost is very reasonable for what you get.
Hope to make this trip again A.S.A.P.
Ken M.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kenneth M
Horta, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You cannot ask for more”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

outstanding boat with big history and very experienced crew...always perfectly maintained tackle...doesn´t matter if you are professional or beginner, you wanna catch billfish or ahi in Kona go fishing with those guys, totally worth the money

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Azoresgrander
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Words cannot describe this awesome experience!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Words cannot describe this awesome experience!
The Huntress itself is a legendary boat and with the captain and crews great knowledge it makes it more then just another fishing charter.
If you want to fish with the best then this is your boat! Tight lines!

Visited January 2014