“Great place”

GreenLeadersGold level
NYC
“Great place”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our stay at this place was great. The grounds were kept immaculate. The "beach" is a little rough made of volcanic rock so don't expect to swim there. They do have 2 pools for you to enjoy. The room itself was great with a big balcony off the master suite. The only negative that I found with the place is they do not have a restaurant or even a snack bar on the premises. This made breakfast tough. There is a timeshare presentation each morning but we did not feel comfortable crashing that for bagels and fruit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silverfish
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort. We truly appreciate your comments. I wish you had "crashed" the orientation for a bagel as you would have found out that our morning presentation is not a timeshare presentation but rather, an overview of all of the many activities available here on our beautiful island. They cover everything from Farmer's Markets to best beaches to free hikes to restaurants in addition to the activities that you pay for. So next time, please feel free to come to the orientation and you will walk away with a total understanding of all there is to do and experience here on Hawaii Island - plus a bagel and fruit!!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a surprisingly good stay at this resort. I expected and prepared to be harassed by the staff at this timeshare resort, but was not. Although, Im already an owner with Wyndham -the only presentation that we attended was a brief overview of things to do on the island. And what a beautiful island it is! This island has it all: from rainforest, to desert, to sand and sun, and volcanoes. It is absolutely the gardens of Eden on this island.

Room Tip: We had one of the newer, renovated rooms on the first floor. It was really nice, towards the pool a...
1 Thank Betterbu2
I am always so pleased to read reviews from people who really took advantage of all that our beautiful island has to offer. It truly is a remarkable place and I thank you so much for sharing that via a review on Tripadvisor. I hope we see you again - there is still so much to experience!

Mahalo!
Toronto
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just stayed one week at the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff and loved it. For a party of 7 family members we were a bit disappointed that they don't have 3 bedroom units, but the 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom that we got were fantastic. Very large units, well appointed and equipped made our stay very comfortable. Large bedrooms, completely stocked kitchens with everything we needed, large and comfortable living rooms, large lanai's with ocean views and large clean bathrooms made us feel at home. Staff was great, helpful and happy. Grounds were kept up very nicely and the 2 pools were awesome, both overlooking the ocean. Hot tub was small, but looked nice. Concierge was very helpful and the ladies from Expedia also were very helpful in planning our excursions. I think the only thing I thought could have done better was that we requested our 2 units side by side and they couldn't accommodate us, even though I booked this 9 months prior to our arrival. we were close however with one unit in between and perhaps it is a popular place and does book up early.

Room Tip: You need a car or take the bus that stops right in front of he building to get to the town. It is n...
2 Thank Bill H
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Aloha!! So wonderful to hear that you and your family so enjoyed your vacation at the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort! We so appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience here. I am sorry that we weren't able to get your units side by side. We are challenged in that half of the units are independentally owned, in addition to the fact that we only have 8 one bedroom units. I am pleased that it didn't hinder your overall experience too much!!

Mahalo and we hope to see you again in the future!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We for the most part enjoyed staying at this resort. Our family have stayed here last year and we enjoyed it tremendously that we decided to return again. Location is great, rooms always nice and clean, very nice staff always friendly and responsive to your needs. Grounds are very nicely kept. No complaints except for the fact i didn't appreciate that the young girl Nani performing the activities apparently enjoys showing inappropriate affections and making out with a male employee that apparently also works here, not a good thing with children around the pool area, very inappropriate!

Room Tip: Call a month prior to your stay to request where you would prefer to be located on the resort
1 Thank Joycelyn C
Aloha Joycelyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review and thank you for coming back a second time! We so appreciate your kind words.

Joycelyn, I am very concerned over the incident you described and I would appreciate taking the matter off line so that you can share additional details with me. Please contact me at carol.hanna@wyn.com or on my office phone at (808) 334-3117. We certainly agree that this sort of behavior is inappropriate.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

With aloha,
Carol Hanna
michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We recently spent a week at the Seacliff. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked for an ocean view and was given an amazing first floor ocean front room. The only complaint I would have us that they need a few more chairs by the adult pool. Also, the pool really needs to open at 8 am not 9 am! The resort have a gate on the ocean and with the pool not opening till 9am, you are unable to sit by the ocean to have a morning coffee:( Other than that, the resort is very well maintained inside and out! I would stay again and highly recommend to stay there!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank beachbabi
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Mahalo for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Royal Sea Cliff Resort. I am so pleased that we were able to accommodate your request for an ocean view unit.

I appreciate your suggestion to open the pools earlier and I assure you that I will discuss this with our pool cleaner. It may be possible to open at least one of the two pools so that our guests may enjoy either an early morning swim or a relaxing cup of coffee by the ocean.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!!

With aloha,
Cartwright
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is an older resort but very classic. The units have been updated and are EXTREMELY quiet. I absolutely logs the location and spent hours on the rocks in front of the pools. The only real complaint I had was the annoying ceiling fan that kept tapping on something. We tried to leave it off but had to have the air circulating so tried to ignore it. Otherwise is a great deal for the money.
We did not attend the time share meeting. There's only so many times you can get 'updated'!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber S
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on our property, the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff. I'm so pleased that you liked our renovated units - we have only the 16 ocean front units to go and we'll have renovated 100%. I'll bet that you enjoyed some fun "whale shows" right here in front of the property!! I'm sorry for the unbalanced ceiling fan and I hope you had a chance to let us know about that while you were here. We have four very talented maintenance men dedicated to our Wyndham units and they can fix anything!!

Mahalo and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A friend invited me along to enjoy her time share, we had a great time here very clean and low key, and with a 2 bedroom condo I enjoyed my privacy but wish they would have had some resources for the better places to buy staples while we where there, no information! The best place to eat was Outback, down the street, the street bars have more local flavor after going to a Tour of the upper farms, and dinner cruise and a Luau and eating at the local restaurants! We where ready for some good food without the Hawaiian culture, found the Target store on the way back north one day what a great super store, and the restaurant in that area where must better, I would suggest renting a car on this island to get around since driving is easy and traffic is light, Views are beautiful when going to the pool area, it would be hard for everyone to get a ocean view, so unless you are willing to pay the big $$$ then I suggest you drive around and enjoy the views, they are everywhere Enjoy!

Room Tip: No room service, no restaurants on site, in fact nothing except venting machines, everything has to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A W
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Aloha! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. You are spot on when you say that there are views everywhere - I think that watching the sunset from either of our ocean front swimming pools is one of those special moments that should remain in your memory for years to come!

I am so sorry that you felt there wasn't sufficient information regarding the variety of stores and shopping options here in Kailua-Kona. If you have the opportunity to return, I hope that you will have some time to chat with our Guest Guides (concierge) regarding all of the "normal" places to buy your staples for the week - as well as all of the stores with more local flavor.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again at the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff!