“Try this Place!”

Ranked #45 of 285 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Full service Italian restaurant
Shawnee, KS
“Try this Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a long flight to Hawaii, we were tired and hungry. Bianelli's was exactly what we needed. Quick, professional service, relaxing Sinatra music, nice variety on the menu, reasonable prices -- and really delicious food. Best pizza we had on the Big Island. Also really liked the pastrami melt and spaghetti with "pink sauce." Try it -- you'll like it!

1 Thank Kan66216

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great pizza and pasta ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

When the concierge sent us to this restaurant in a shopping center I was dubious but go, it won't disappoint. Get their "famous" pink sauce if you get pasta. Excellent and original. My husband had the pizza and attests that it is excellent. I tried a bite and agreed. If you are looking for a break from seafood (which is good and plentiful on the Big Island) and you are staying in Kona, this is the place to go.

1 Thank PRMeadows
Calgary, Canada
“Once Was Not Enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

All I can say is..WOW. This was by far the best restaurant my wife and I went to during our honeymoon on the Big Island. The sad thing is that we were only able to go once as we went on our last day there. Great value for your dollar and great staff. My wife has a wheat allergy and they catered to gluten free needs most excellently, she said it tasted AMAZING!(some gluten free food can be bland) We Can't wait to visit a Bianellis again soon!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JamesnJess29
kailua kona, hi
“Good Pasta, Too.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I live in Kona, and have found that the number of restaurants with good food is limited. Coming from Portland, OR, I have become somewhat of a food snob, but Bianelli's has become one of my go-to places. They make a pretty good deep dish pizza -- I usually get pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. Their pastas with the white cream sauce are pretty good, as well. I don't care for their red sauces. Also, the ravioli is occasionally a little too al dente. The pesto bread is loaded with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, mac nuts, and (I think) Parmesan cheese, and is very flavorful. All in all, I would recommend.

NC
“Okay but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This restaurant was just okay. If you are at the Sheraton Kona, it is close for take out. The calzone was huge. My 17 year old really liked it. But, the pasta was not great. Well, it might have been better but it was unexpected. I ordered pasta with pomodoro sauce (menu indicated this was a tomato sauce)--it came with some sort of sausage mixed in. I hate sausage and thought I was being careful to order vegetarian. The bread--both that that came with the pasta and the cheese bread side--were disappointing. You know the type--really light bread without much to it--sort of like grocery store bread. Price was okay. Location was good. Pressed for time or money while on vacation at the Sheraton I might give it another try. But, all in all it was pretty mediocre. Pizza did look good. Maybe that is the way to go.