“Even If You Don't Like Beer”

Kona Brewing Company Pub & Brewery
Ranked #10 of 298 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The 2,000-square-foot outdoor lanai, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and tiki torches, offers seating for 175 patrons. Customers also can enjoy a cool meal or beverage inside the air-conditioned bar area at one of several surrounding tables or at the koa U-shaped bar itself. Inside the bar area is the retail store, stocked with colorful T-shirts, hats, towels, coasters, mugs and much more.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love the beer but I was surprised how good the food was. We ate there twice and picked up a pizza another time during the same week. A lot of people were eating pizza. I especially liked the Porterhouse Dip but, whatever you do, unless you really don't like garlic, order the Roasted Garlic pupus - and then don't breathe too heavily close to anyone that hasn't shared. The fresh fish is wonderful as well.

If you are a beer drinker, sign up for the tour. It's like $5 and your receive samples at the end. We scheduled it so we could have a couple more beers afterwards and then dinner.

1  Thank Bonanza07
Write a ReviewReviews (5,083)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The food was actually pretty darn good and I enjoyed to brew of the week. I loved the music they played (rock and blues) and had a good lunch at Kona Brewing Co.

1  Thank tdschandorf
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The food and beer was amazing. The prices are very reasonable, too, considering Hawaii is very high priced. We had a great time and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere!

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This should absolutely be a stop on your trip to Kona, particularly if you're a beer fan. The restaurant is lively and has great atmosphere and tasty food. If you're new to Kona Brewing beers, try the sampler. I'm a big fan of Lava Man, which I've only seen on tap. We had the Brewben Reuben and BBQ pork. Yum!

1  Thank dm713
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped by towards the end of the evening. The waiter was friendly and service was a little slow. That was odd in that we got the impression that they wanted us to hurry up and leave. I ordered a pizza that was above average due to the nice choice of toppings. I would only return if I was with someone who was a fan of their beer.