“my son loved it”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“my son loved it”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My 15 yo son had a morning session with Bear. He not only enjoyed the site where the lesson was given but his instructor as well. According to my son he kept it simple and motivating. After a few 'crash and dive" he started to ride the waves. My son highly recommends SBH. I just enjoyed watching him from a comfortable rock wall fence of a very cozy 6 people (not kidding) Catholic church at the shore line. A professional photographer took pictures that we were able to buy on line.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ejhernandez01

Canada
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Yes, anyone can really surf! From the time I booked with Barry on the phone, to the fresh fruit he provided after the lesson, everything was absolutely awesome!
I was hesitant to try surfing at first, I thought there was no way I would be able to stand up on the board. Barry brought along 2 other instructors for a group of 4 students. Started with a very brief intro on land ( about 3 min long), then we were in the clear waves at Kahalu'u Beach. All 3 instructors were incredibly supportive and encouraging towards the brand new students! Spent over 2 hours learning and practicing and catching a few good waves! Beware , it is a good arm and ab.workout! Imagine paddling out into big waves seeing school of fish below you as the sun warms your face, it is a surreal experience!!!

Amazing!

Visited May 2014
Menlo Park, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Jeff is great, professional with a positive attitude. My daughter loved the lesson, so did I. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Surfer Bear Kailua-Kona, HI”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Barry was extremely kind, courteous and, most importantly, patient. Overall an excellent experience! My son and I really felt like we learned some important fundamentals. Highly recommended -- we'll be back the next time we are here!

Visited March 2014
Sterling, Virginia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Too much fun!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Jeff is a patient instructor, encouraging with newbies and eager to help us get to standing up on the board. I celebrated my 64th birthday by surfing, despite being overweight and out of shape! If I can surf, so can you. Jeff was great, and I had a great time. He taught me enough in an hour that I can rent a board and keep practicing on my own. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2014