“MaiTai”

Don the Beachcomber
Ranked #35 of 287 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, After-hours, Buffet, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walua Road
Vancouver, BC
“MaiTai”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great staff but overpriced drinks and food (which was also poor quality). Great view and sunset watching.

Visited April 2014

Simi Valley
“Breakfast is Horrible, Dinner is Good”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I would not pay for breakfast at this restaurant that is located within the Royal Kona Resort. Especially at $19 per person. The quality was awful. But I did go there for dinner one night. I got the poke appetizer and the surf and surf entrée. They were delicious but on the pricy side. You also cant beat the view.

• Visited April 2014
michigan
“Great Mai Tai!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at Don the Beachcomber, I really enjoyed it! The servers are friendly, the view is spectacular. It's the home of the original Mai Tai! Need I say more?

Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I meant to send this sooner. We had the Valentine special on Feb. 14th. Our order was taken, our salad was served and eaten. We then waited about an hour. I asked the waitress, she apologized saying a large table had taken a long time. I reminded her that large table came in after we did. She said she would check. I saw her talking to her manager, then walk over to another table and talk to those people. When she came back she apologized again and said she had given our dinner to the other table. 20 minutes later we got our dinner. I asked if they intended to give us a break on the bill.. We got 2 free cups of coffee with our dessert which I also had to remind her came with our dinner. So our only break was the $20 tip she did not get. The food was delicious but I feel we should have been compensated for the poor service.

1 Thank Colleen P
Canada
“It became our most fav place to dine.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

IT was the best place in Kona Village to eat if you are wanting really good seafood. I highly recommend it. The view and atmosphere and staff were delightful.

Visited March 2014