“Love Breakfast here.”

Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 296 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alii Drive
Description: Fish Hopper - Kailua-Kona * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean at The Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks, overlooking Kailua Bay on the Big Island Hawaii. Enjoy fresh Big Island and seafood flown in weekly from California. Our bar serves up signature Bucket of Fire and Volcano flaming drinks and is the perfect oceanfront location to gather with friends for Happy Hour. We are within walking distance to shops and historic sites. A landmark (formerly the Ocean View Inn) and a local favorite Kona restaurant since 1934. The Fish Hopper has been beautifully restored to expand upon its spectacular ocean views. We proudly serve seafood from sustainable sources, harvested by methods that do not harm the environment. Open daily from 730am-930pm.
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just love the breakfast here. We have eaten here on many occasions but breakfast is still the favourite. Sit down and watch people strolling through Kona or watch the ocean ships. Food is tasty and does have a lot of local favourites on the menu. Prices are quite reasonable. It can get really busy but normally the wait is never too long.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,955)

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Great service, but we went for the food. I had the ahi tuna salad and did not think the quality of the ahi was poor. My husband had the butterfish which he stated to be "average." Not the review you want from a place literally next to the ocean.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had the greatest crab omelette here for breakfast on our first morning in Kona and it was great!

We came here again and my husband had Clam Chowder, he likes it a lot and I'm not a Clam Chowder fan. That said, he asked me to taste it and it was fantastic!

I liked it so much, that we called in there on our last day and I ordered it myself and ate the lot!

Friendly staff, and fast service. Recommended.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I wasn't expecting much when we chose this restaurant because I often find that restaurants in prime tourist areas aren't that good. There was a staff member standing outside handing out samples of the chowder trying to get people to come in for dinner.

We were pleasantly surprised to have a very tasty meal. The presentation of the dishes is lovely and you get good value for your money. The fish trio was excellent and we would definitely recommend it. I had the seared ahi tuna salad and it wasn't spectacular but definitely better than I'd had at other restaurants on the island. Our server was personable and made our dining experience very enjoyable. We took his advice and tried the sweet potato pie and we weren't disappointed. Skip the overpriced, watered-down, fruity tourist drinks.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Food was ok, but the service was outstanding. the drinks were a bit pricy, considering it was watered down. Would probably try other places before I return here.