“Great food!”
Review of Sushi Shiono

Sushi Shiono
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Shiono is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 290 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Hawaiian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alii Sunset Plaza
Description: Sushi Shiono is without a doubt the best sushi restaurant on the Big Island of Hawaii. We offer only the finest and freshest selections of fresh fish from all over the world, including lots of local Kona fish expertly prepared and served with love.
San Juan Capistrano, California, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We go to sushi restaurant weekly and this is the First time I saw my picky daughter licked the plate with her finger. She had salad, soup and teriyaki chicken dinner. My husband and I loved sushi and Sashimi plate. Great food and great service. Definitely go back again.

• Visited June 2014
13 Thank Christie R

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hawaii
“Always good”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great place in down town Kona. Great Sushi and really good Japanese food.
The grilled mackerel is well worth the trip. And such good miso, just like Japan.

• Visited March 2014
10 Thank Jacqueline H
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Best sushi in Kona!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Love Shiono's, the food is outstanding and the service is fantastic! Love the Hawaiian Volcano Roll- a definite must.

Visited May 2014
8 Thank Jenny D
Los Angeles, California
“Good variety and friendly service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I went to the restaurant, I wasn't thinking I wanted Sushi, I had a lot of rice and fish and wanted to get something a little different. My friend ordered the Sushi and Sashimi plate while I ordered Udon with a side of tempura. There were a lot of options on the menu, not just sushi.

We shared and I loved all of it. I enjoyed the chewy udon noodles in a tasty broth as well as the tender cuts of sashimi. When I went to write the review, I had to ask myself was there anything wrong? There wasn't, the service was very friendly and attentive, the place was clean and I walked away feeling thinking I would go back there again.

Visited May 2014
6 Thank LAGuy90019
Bay Area, CA
“Good, not great, for me”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was looking forward to this meal. It was good, dont get me wrong. Maybe I should have sat at the counter and ordered omakase. What I couldnt get over was the amount of rice on each piece of nigiri. I had to remove about 1/3 off each piece. There is just something about the rice preparation that didnt work for me. The fish was great. Service was very good.

We also ordered soba. Wasn't good. OK its a sushi place, but still.

I'd go again to specifically hit the bar though.

• Visited May 2014