“Good ocean view; decent food”
Review of Splasher's Grill

Splasher's Grill
Ranked #11 of 296 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Splashers Grill is a family owned, casual dining experience. We are located across from the ocean where most tables have a great view of the ocean and Kona pier. We are Famous for our burger and Fish Tacos. We have the best breakfast in Kona and always FREE COFFEE with breakfast. We look forward to meeting you very soon. Aloha, Inde Coggins Owner
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Tried Splasher's on recommendation from local guy. Located on Ali'i Drive on second floor with shops below; open air with bar in middle and tables around three sides. We were seated at table with probably the best view of the Kailua Bay and pier. We tried their mai tais (good), basic burger; fresh fish sandwich, and a nachos with pulled pork. All were well-prepared with prices competitive (for Hawaii). The 'small' nacho plate was much more than one senior could eat. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,836)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I shared the Veggie Omelet and the French Toast. Both were delicious, but I have to say it was probably one of the BEST veggie omelets we've ever had...I think it was the addition of the avocado and housemade salsa that really kicked it up a notch. My husband even raved about the omelet and he doesn't particularly care for anything that doesn't have meat in it! The wait staff was very kind and courteous, which always makes a good experience even better.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have had 3 meals at Splashers since we arrived on the Island. Dinner both times was very good, we had fresh fish and dessert. The meal was well prepared and served with a smile. You could split a meal and not be hungry. We also had breakfast and the servings were huge, we could have shared, we wish we had. The scenery overlooking the ocean is very pretty.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in Kona for breakfast. Both times I chose the Kona omelette - bacon, cheese, topped with local avocado - when I find something I like I stick with it. I would never have thought to put avocado on top of an omelette - maybe I am not especially bright when it comes to food pairings - this one was amazingly awesome.

The other half tried two different things - one breakfast he had the Pancake breakfast and he loved that. The second time he felt more like an omelette and he ordered the Ham & Cheese omelette which he also loved.

Many sides are offered, for me probably too many. I just chose fruit and declined the toast as I am not a toast person.

The water glasses are a gorgeous shade of blue, and the location is perfect for people watching and on the days a cruise ship is in, watching tenders arrive and offload the cruise people.

If you are looking for good coffee, Splashers is not the place to find it if you want espresso - they do not offer this. If you are ok with filter coffee (we call it filtered sock coffee, not huge fans of it!) they do supply that for free.

We found the coffee downstairs at Kona Farm Direct to be the coffee we were looking for and had our coffee downstairs before breakfast soaking up the sun and enjoying the free wifi KFD offers. We ordered juices and water at Splashers instead, plus the KFD wifi does work upstairs in Splashers.

The bill was extremely reasonable for us who are used to Aussie prices, and as the service was excellent we tipped appropriately.

I would recommend this place for breakfast and seeing some of the other reviews, I wish we had tried it for dinner as well.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Good food and drinks, simple and great prices…Not remotely fancy.
Reliable place to enjoy the evening, and not go broke.

You do have to climb stairs, so don't try if you are not able...