I had never stayed at a B&B before, but after reading all these positive reviews I thought it would be a good time to try one. I was truly impressed with the experience.
I am not much of a writer, but would simply echo what everyone else has said:
The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are well appointed. The Gourmet Breakfast is a delight. Dave and Wendi really do an outstanding job.
Here is a link to a video of the Geckos and Birds enjoying a little breakfast right near the "People" dining area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbba0CpntoM
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona