An amazing first experience of a B&B and they have really set the bar high! The brekky was amazing - we kinda wished it wasn't and B&B because then they'd have to serve lunch and dinner too! The rooms were classy and had beautiful sheets and lovely little furnishings that made the room extra special. Words cant really explain how lovely it was to stay there. We had such a great feeling of relaxation when we walked in.
From the 2am phone call I woke Wendi up with when I was booking from Australia (sorry again Wendi! :p), to the little packs of trail mix and drinks they snuck into our cooler bag (which they gave us for our trip to the volcanoes) - their hospitality will not be forgotten! If we didn't have something, they did their best to help. When we weren't sure about anything to do in the area, they had folders filled with restaurants and activities.
It really was great to stay there and I was kinda sad that we only spent two nights there.
I think for kids, it wouldn't be appreciated as much for its beautiful setting and its peaceful aura - but absolutely suited to anyone from backpackers to retired sweethearts enjoying their second honeymoon together on the beautiful Big Island.
Thanks again Wendi and Dave! xxxoxo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona