My husband and I recently returned from spending four nights here. Everything you have read in all the other reviews is true. Besides the beautiful setting, accomodations, and classy elegant breakfasts, you have Wendi and Dave. They are the reason for these amazing reviews. They go out of their way to make each and every guest feel special. On our first morning, we left at 5:30 to go fishing. We told them we would not be around for breakfast, which is served between 7:30-9:00 each morning. Imagine our shock, when both of them were waiting for us at 5:30 and had cooked us a hot breakfast to go. That night Dave cleaned a fish for me so we could grill it! The same thing happened when we had to leave early for the airport, another hot breakfast to go. We were in Hawaii for two weeks and stayed at 2 other B&B's.They were very nice, no complaints, but Honu Kai is a few steps above all the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona