Overall a good hotel and just a cut above what is typically expected at a Courtyard branded hotel chain. Although the hotel is centrally located in Kona, making it easy to head to the north and south ends of the Big Island, the beach and pool areas at the hotel are small and not outstanding. You definitely want to head to the other beaches on the west side of the Big Island which are much more scenic and have more things to do (boogie boarding, snorkeling, etc.). The people at this hotel are very friendly, easy to approach, and the hotel does a fabulous job of providing all of the necessities for a vacationing family in Hawaii (there's even an ABC Store attached to the hotel). My only disappointment with this hotel (and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5) is that I had a room with 2 queen beds on the 6th floor with a very small bathroom--only one person can stand in it and use it at any given time--the vanity, toilet, and tub/shower are all together in the same area, which makes it really inconvenient for a family of four on vacation. Also, I wish my hotel room had a full length mirror available. This was the "upgraded" room that the hotel put me in as a Marriott Gold Rewards member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel welcomes you to the Big Island of Hawaii for a memorable vacation. Located on the historical site where the famed Hawaiian King Kamehameha once lived, our beachfront hotel in Kailua-Kona provides ocean views and direct access to Kailua Pier. We're also a short distance from downtown Kona, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, and Kailua Village. Following a day of Big Island sightseeing, settle into a hotel room or suite at our hotel featuring a private lanai, 37" flat-screen TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi. During your stay, you'll also enjoy our infinity pool, onsite gym and yoga studio, day spa, and white sand beach. Choose from 2 savory restaurants for a delicious meal, complemented with beautiful ocean views! The Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is here to deliver your ultimate island adventure, where we offer resort amenities without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona