Returned almost a week ago from our first trip to the Big Island of Hawaii. We stayed five nights at this hotel and found it to be a lovely stay. The room was pleasant with fresh, new bedding, a comfortable king sized bed, a couch, table with two chairs, large flat screen TV and refrigerator. The bathroom had granite counter tops and shelves for the towels. Before coming to this hotel I heard it had been renovated and everything in the hotel, including lobby areas and rooms looked appealing. The hotel is in a perfect location; located in the heart of the charming town of Kona, on a beach, near the pier and the seawall that was great for strolling. There are restaurants and shops right near the hotel. Everything is handy. The hotel features a restaurant and a shop if you forget some things (I needed a beach towel). There is a pool outside that is good sized with a bar in the pool area that serves drinks and snacks. I swam in the pool one time in the evening and really enjoyed it. The hotel is in a historic location where King Kamehameha lived so there are artifacts in the lobby areas as well as a series of paintings depicting the history of the Big Island. I learned alot from this "history lesson!" We attended the luau which is located on the hotel grounds and enjoyed it very much. The food was good as well as the entertainment. They put much effort into the luau and it was a fun time. I swam in the water at the hotel's beach one time, taking my snorkel gear. I wasn't expecting to see many fish, but actually the snorkeling turned out to be pretty good, with a nice variety of fish and very calm water. In fact this very small beach is noted to have the calmest water on the island and is great for families. Right on the beach is a little shack that will rent kayaks, paddleboards, snorkel equipment, etc. I enjoyed seeing all the people boating from the beach and the activity from the pier. In the area of the beach is a historic temple that King Kamehameha built and it looks very interesting and adds to the charm of this place. The only thing I was not that pleased with was the prime rib and seafood buffet dinner in the hotel's dining room. It costs $35.00, although we were given a discount because we were hotel guests. The food is quite average, nothing really stood out and some dishes did not look that appetizing. For that kind of money, I would expect better than average food, but the food here for the most part is what you would find at run of the mill buffets. My husband did enjoy it though. This is the only time we ate in the hotel so I can't report if this is typical for the hotel. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel. We got an excellent rate, much cheaper than I expected to pay in Hawaii and this hotel offers alot to the visitor. Staff were always friendly and helpful as well. Although the hotel is large, we heard little noise at night in our room. You can't go wrong staying here. If I ever have the opportunity to come back here, I will definitely stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel welcomes you to the Big Island of Hawaii for a memorable vacation. Located on the historical site where the famed Hawaiian King Kamehameha once lived, our beachfront hotel provides ocean views and direct access to Kailua Pier. We're also a short distance from downtown Kona, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, and Kailua Village. Following a day of Big Island sightseeing, settle into our Kona hotel rooms and suites with private lanais, 37" flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. During your stay, you'll also enjoy our infinity pool, onsite gym and yoga studio, day spa, and white sand beach. Choose from 2 savory restaurants for a delicious meal, complemented with beautiful ocean views! Our hotel also features an Island Breeze Luau to show you even more of Hawaii's vibrant culture! The Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is here to deliver your ultimate island adventure, where we offer resort amenities without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona