Great location with ocean view (room B34) and walking distance to lots of restaurants.
Nice pool, with enough beds around it. The jacuzzi is a bit too hot, so nobody seems to use that. Pitty. Four BBQ's are free to use.
Apartments are spacious though simple. Not completely fresh and clean (we've had 2 cockroaches visiting).
Unfortunately the owners are trying to make money on everything. You only get 2 sets of towels, regardless of the length of your stay. We firstly stayed for one night. That's cool then. But on our second stay (a week later) we spent 4 nights, so some clean towels would have been nice. You have to pay $10 for new towels. Same thing goes for washing powder (there is a machine in the apartment), also limited to one per stay..
In addition to that you have to pay $10 per day for utilities.. That includes power and wifi, but why isn't that included in the price. I hate these surprises.
Since we were flying out late in the evening I inquired about late checkout. If you want any time after 3pm you have to pay an entire extra night. Since we were aiming at a 5pm leave, that would have been quite an hourly rate...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona