Wyndham Mauna Loa Village
  • Restaurant
Sea Village Resort(Kailua-Kona)
Kona Tiki Hotel(Kailua-Kona)
View Hotel
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort(Kailua-Kona)
Royal Kona Resort(Kailua-Kona)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Manago Hotel(Captain Cook)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgolf coursetime shareparking garageliving roomthe big islandtwo storylarge unitless trafficfront officequiet locationone bedroom unitshort walkoffice stafffull kitchendiscount cardwould stay here againsouth end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Shout out to Cynthia and the staff at the Wyndham, you saved our time on the Big Island. We originally had a condo booked at the Outrigger Kanaloa(bad-read my review) and needed to move the family. When our tour company refunded out $$, we booked immediately online. I called at 9:30am, Cynthia found our reservation and said we could check in at 10:30AM! Wonderful, considering our previous night sleep. Staff was great, ground beautiful, our condo was clean and comfortable. Thank you for showing us your Hawaiian hospitality.

Room Tip: We enjoyed condo #54 in building 8.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Voni B
Kathy K, Manager at Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Aloha Voni,
Thank you for your review of Mauna Loa Village and our fantastic staff. I will commend Cynthia (Cindy) on her great job of welcoming you to our home. We are happy that our accomodations met your needs. You and your family are welcome to visit us again soon. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Mahalo,

Assistant Manager
kathy.kaai@wyn.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here from April 18- 26, 2014 and after a very long flight we were very happy to have chosen such a lovely spot. The 1 bedroom unit was just perfect for the 2 of us but we certainly could have brought along another couple as there was plenty of room in the huge unit with a sleeper/sofa. The king bed was amazing and the place was just so beautiful and peaceful there. A great place to call 'home' for a week or more. We were booked to travel to Maui for the next 2 weeks but we were sorry we didn't book to stay here longer. We had everything we needed and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort, we just loved it there.

Room Tip: We booked a 1 bdrm unit but the living room area is very spacious with a pullout sofa bed and an extra bathroom, I would book this again even if we had another couple with us who don't mind not having a private bedroom.
1  Thank Geraldine P
Kathy K, Manager at Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Aloha Geraldine,
Mahalo for your response regarding how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very pleased that our accomodations was more than adequate for you. We hope to have you as our guest again at Mauna Loa Village in the near future.

kathy.kaai@wyn.com

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I found out after I had already booked our stay that our daughter was graduating college early. I called the resort and talked to Cindy and she assured me it was no problem that we arrive a day late. I was a little worried, but check in was a breeze and we had a large one bedroom unit. My very first impression of this resort was the smell of the flowers when we got out of the car. We had the pleasure of this smell every day. Our room was by a pool, but they do enforce pool times and we were never bothered by noise at night. Our unit was very clean and well stocked and the bed had those wonderful Wyndham pillows. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. Every person we had contact with was smiling and friendly. My husband went to the office to get directions to the closest beaches and he came back with beach mats and beach chairs. These are available to guests on a honor system and it made our beach days much more pleasant. This resort is off the beaten path, but it's close to everything and it's quiet. I was also impressed with the hot tub as it was actually hot and not lukewarm. My only minor complaint is the internet service, but that really wasn't a problem. We were not pressured into a timeshare presentation and that was greatly appreciated. Overall, we loved this resort and would stay here again if we ever returned to Kailua-Kona.

2  Thank Bonnie S
Kathy K, Manager at Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Aloha Bonnie,
Mahalo for your wonderful review of Mauna Loa Village. We take pride in the beauty and tranquility that the property exudes and before you know it our guests can truly relax and get away from it all. The staff is our greatest asset. We are happy that the unit and ammenties met your expectations and we aplogize for the WIFI. Tell your friends about us and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Aloha nui loa,

Kathy Kaai, Assistant Resort Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here this time on our trip here to the big island and loved it. Everything and everyone is so laid back. The staff are super friendly and we wanted for nothing......except more time here on the island. We loved it more the second time around and my husband, the reluctant traveller is planning our trip here next year! ✈️✈️❤️❤️

Room Tip: If we had known we would have tried to choose an upper room ocean side to try for a better view. But no regrets with ours.
5  Thank Candi H
Kathy K, Manager at Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your review of Mauna Loa Village. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and loved the laid back lifestyle here in the islands. Mauna Loa Village does have that effect on a lot of our guests to just relax and get away from it all. We hope to see you again next year and would love to have you as one of our returning guests.

Best regards,

kathy.kaai@!wyn.com

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great location and very comfortable. We had a full kitchen and parking. Affordable and clean. We were very close to everything and we felt extremely safe. Great place to stay in the Big Island! I highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mariselnyc
Kathy K, Manager at Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Mauna Loa Village. We appreciated your comments. We are happy that the condo met your needs and we hope to have you as a guest again very soon.

Mahalo,