“If you love oysters make it your main meal ($2 each) otherwise go elsewhere”

Bota Sare - Mali Ston
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Ston
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: You can find restaurant Bota Sare, Mali Ston in narrow center waterfront, situated within the old castle. Wide palette of fresh fish, unique oysters, shellfish is prepared as per original local recipes that bring finger licking food to your table (ask for gradele, popara, buzara, brudet). Do not miss to try local risotto, black risotto, and homemade bread from natural fire heated oven. We also invite you to take a boat trip to see Ston's Bay and to visit the place where the Sare family is growing shellfish close to the Banje Island which is owned by family Sare and family Matkovic. On Banje Island there is a large number of various Mediterranean herbs and over 200 olive threes which provide the olive oil for Bota restaurants. The experience of visiting the island will be improved by the special program which can be prepared in advance. For many different possibilities, please consult the restaurant Manager Tomislav Šare.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We ate the best oysters we ever tasted here...but our mistake was that we had them only has appetizers and proceeded to order other food.
My husband chicken was good- always an excellent choice at a reasonable price. He had thought of having fresh fish (by the pound)...but when he found out that his fish meal would cost $90CAN- he decided to pass). My daughters and I ordered the black gnocchis with scampis and crab, overpriced for what we got and I will not ask for the recipe. We also ordered black risotto with fish- very heavy- by pushing ourselves we managed to eat less than half. Our main meals were not a success.
For dessert the rozata was nothing more than any normal flan...however our other dessert ''Stonska Torta'' a traditional dessert- macaroni cake (really made with macaronis) was absolutely delicious!
Knowing what I know now, I would go back and have only oysters has a main and the macaroni cake as dessert... would not have costed much more but I would have had a far more delicious and satisfying meal.
I must also point out that we went to this restaurant because we had read that we could take a boat ride to see the oyster beds. However when we asked they quoted us a prohibitive price...saying they had to take the boat just for us...when I asked about a smaller boat the price was lowered but still not enough to justify taking the trip.
All in all not that great except for the 6 oysters we ate and they are probably equally good throughout the area! Perhaps you can even get them at a lower price as this is a restaurant is a little fancier than other restaurants around...

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The food was 1/5 seafood don't wanna talk about it at all my friends.I was with a group of peole there and Mood was 0/5 ........

1  Thank Luka K
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Food was excellent - though not cheap. It would have been a restaurant we would have returned to but the one next door was better!

1  Thank Kath M
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was traveling to Dubrovnik and planed to have break in Mali Ston, a mythic place. On the terrace of Bota Sare restaurant I was waiting for service and no body appear. One guy, on the other table had a beer and he told me that service is slow. I came in to ask for coffee and cake to be served there and personal of the restaurant told me that they are not able to serve me coffee !!! when I told them that it is not nice and how I am good client of their restaurant , even they couldn't apology on proper way and they recommended me other restaurants in Mali Stone. I did it !!! I took coffee and cake in the restaurant a few steps from them, and there the service was great. Never ever I had such experience and I will never to any business with them !!! they destroyed a reputation in my eyes.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere, delicious seafood n kind waiter......even drove me back to my boat....thanks so much!!!