“Good Czech Food”

Cuisines: Czech
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Good Czech Food”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This restaurant sits outside Jindrichuv Hradec castle and is right next door to the Bila pani restaurant. Due to the lack of restaurant signage I thought at first it was part of Bila pani, but it is not.

I ate here whilst visiting with my wife (who is Czech) and several of her family, as well as our young 2 year old daughter. Sevice was fine and the menu had English translations throughout which was a plus for me.

The food itself was the part I was most impressed with; I had the pork medalions with pepercorn sauce and the pork was cooked perfectly; it's always a big plus for me when I visit a small place like this and experience a chef who can actually cook. I tried some of my wife's chicken in cranberry sauce which wasn't bad either. The house beer is Svijany which isn't my favourite Czech beer, but not bad.

Value wise, it was standard for the area. Overall, I enjoyed my visit and would happily visit again if I was in the area.

• Visited July 2014