“Had a Great Time and a Great Dinner”

Thorn's Showcase Lounge
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montrose, Colorado
“Had a Great Time and a Great Dinner”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Although like one of the other reviewers, I hadn't expected the halibut to be deep fried. I actually preferred it not battered and thought it was fantastic. The service was very good and as the place filled, it was a merry crowd. I wanted to get a t-shirt but they were out of my size. The waitress offered to mail it to me when they got some more in, which she did. I was concerned that my payment for t-shirt would get lost in the shuffle but all was good. It actually arrived two days after we got home. The bottle collection was huge and very interesting. Had a great time overall and the halibut was delicious.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mike9922

Talkeetna, Alaska
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After a summer of dining around Seward, a group of us went to Thorn's for an employee going away dinner. After a round of drinks, we were ready to order, but Kimberley, our server, never even gave us menus. We had to scrounge them from other tables. When she finally figured out we wanted to order their over-priced food, she seemed rather put out. The entire time we were there, service was very slow, and on the rare occasions she would appear at our table, she was curt. 2 hours later we finally received our bill. I will never return to Thorn's. The prices are high, the food is mediocre, and Kimberley's service was the worst ever.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank TkaTripping
“Bucket of Butt is amazing!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Despite it being hot, somewhat smoky and very crowded we had a fantastic dinner. It was like a time warp- it looks like this place is still in the seventies- in a good way! It is a lounge, so we expected smoking but it did not interfere with dinner. Service was as good as our server could manage but they really needed more staff. It was like a cocktail staff but everyone was ordering dinner. We had appetizers, the halibut chunks and had plenty to eat for a pretty good price. Go for the food but appreciate the surroundings- there aren't many places like this around anymore.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KittyTripp
Seattle, Washington
“Halibut and chips”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was a surprise (maybe I didn't read the menu closely?). The halibut was deep fried but not breaded/battered. It was quite good but not what I expected. I'd prefer a light batter. Service was great. It's a bar/lounge atmosphere of course so it's a bit dark inside even during lunch.

Visited August 2014
Houston, Texas
“unexpected deliciousness!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had just gotten to Seward and wanted to grab a casual lunch. This place seemed to have some high reviews, though I'll admit it wasn't that engaging from the outside appearance (I thought it was a smoky old lounge). It's a cool unique place and I'm so glad we went! yea, it seems more like a bar (and probably would have been a blast at night) but surprisingly the food was amazing. I typically hate seafood, but being in Alaska I decided to try Halibut. They have a dish here called halibut bites (or something like that) and is supposedly what they're known for, so I decided to try it. I was shocked how amazing it was, a very very light batter so not too heavy, not fishy, and I discovered I think I love halibut. Definitely a great stop for lunch!

• Visited July 2014

Been to Thorn's Showcase Lounge? Share your experiences!