Alaska Base Camp
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Seward
See available hotels
Hotel Seward(Seward)
Taroka Inn(Seward)
Harbor 360 Hotel(Seward)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This was my favorite place we stayed at during our Alaska trip. Staying in a yurt made for some great memories and I wish we could have stayed here a week instead of just one night. The owner was very nice and helpful and wanted to make sure that we were well taken care of. The yurt was clean and comfortable. We cooked some halibut on the grill and enjoyed the view from the deck of the sea otters playing, fish jumping, and gulls fighting over scraps left from fishermen. When the rain started, the yurt was cozy and comfortable. An eye mask was helpful for me to sleep, as the room doesn't get too dark with the skylight. When I got up in the morning and stepped outside to check out the day, the resident eagle was greeting me with a stare from the beach. He left when I went inside to get my camera, but later posed for us from his perch right beside the deck. We all hated to pack and leave so soon, as we would have loved to explore more and also just to sit on the deck and watch the wildlife. I hope we can come back here again!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lovesmusic
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Our first trip to Seward, and talk about LUCK! My wife just happened to stumble across Alaska Base Camp, and it's wonderful host, George Walker. Gee, what a fortunate find! Thank you, George! We were treated phenomenally, and truly appreciate your help and kindness!!! --David & Cindy P, 7-19 thru 7-21, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed here with my wife and two sons, ages 11&12. The Yurt is perfectly sited on the shores of Resurrection Bay and has everything you need for a short stay. The owner, George Walker, is a super nice guy to deal with an was very helpful with local info and everything else we needed. He engaged our kids in conversations about our adventures, loaned us tin foil to help grill our fish...he was more like a neighbor than the owner of our rental. The place was immaculate upon our arrival and was very comfortable for us. There were otters, seals and whales swimming around out front and Eagles landing on the deck. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for an interesting, out of the box place to stay.

Note: if you're coming around the summer solstice, bring eye masks to help you sleep. The yurt has a large skylight that keeps it very bright at a night!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We loved everything, even in the rain. Clean, warm, cozy, comfortable and right on the bay! Then there was a resident eagle on the flagpole for photo shoots. Otters playing in front of the yurt. We had the best time here of all the places we stayed in our two weeks in AK. George was wonderful to make certain we knew where everything was located, even gave us a tsunami/earthquake safety briefing. Recommended restaurants and boat tour services. Wonderful host! We enjoyed great meals at Apollo'sGreek/Italian and the Smoke SHack.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We fell in love with Seward, ABC and George; our host. Alaska Base Camp is perfect for couples or families, absolutely spotless and ideally located. The view was stunning. I could have spent a week simply sitting on the deck looking at Resurrection Bay. There is plenty to do in the area: hiking, fishing, kayaking, Kenai Fjords NP trips and well situated on the Kenai peninsula. We wish we had more time in Seward. George is a long time resident with plenty of suggestions/help. His fishing charter recommendation was perfect for the family. What a terrific host! Can't think of a single thing to improve this property!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family