“Great little cabin in the woods.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Salmon Creek Cabins
Ranked #13 of 46 Speciality Lodging in Seward
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the bear creek cabin for the weekend and it was perfect. Everything you could want on site: grill, firepit, coffee maker with coffee. Just keep in mind to print out the instructions they email you, as others have pointed out, Debra is not the most pleasant person in the world.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This cabin was extremely cute and the bedding was very comfortable. The accomodations were something we weren't expecting and was nice to not feel "hotel like". The only drawback and I will not count this against the cabin is the booking agent was not friendly when called to ask questions and seemed condescending. However, when contacting the cabin owner directly, she was very sweet and helpful. We highly recommend this cabin for couples and small groups. We plan on revisiting in a few years and will be re-booking with them!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a lovely time in Cabin 2. The cabins and the owners create a casual and welcoming atmosphere which we quite enjoyed. There is no check-in or check out process - the cabins are unlocked for your arrival and you leave cash in the room when you leave. It was a nice change from the structured process we have become accustomed to. The cabin had plenty of room (could have easily slept 4 people) and was clean and comfortable. There was no cable tv but there were plenty of movies to choose from. There is so much to do in Alaska that we fell asleep at the end of the day and didn’t even get to watch all the old favorites we picked out.
I have to agree with the others who have complained about Debra, she was very rude on the phone. When trying to book accommodations in Seward she directed me to her website to choose an accommodation, however the website did not tell you the names of the accommodations and just give you a photo and minimal description. With no name I cannot google the location, or look at reviews on Tripadvisor. I like knowing what I am getting before I book. Debra refused to tell me the names, so I compared the photos in the listings with the photos on Tripadvisor which is time consuming and really unnecessary – just tell me the name. I hope this process changes in the future. In looking at her list of accommodations, it appears that she is the booking agent for most places in that area, so it will be hard to escape her if you want to book in Seward. Luckily, her role ends as soon as you are booked.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We booked at the last minute, a few days before our visit, and Debra, the booking agent, was most helpful in arranging this cabin rental. ( she also arranged our tour of Kenai Fjords at a discount!). The cabin was new and spotless, but charming! The bathroom even included an herbal body wash/shampoo dispenser. The kitchenette included sink, microwave and a mini-refrigerator. It was helpful to read in a previous review that you need to bring plates, cups and utensils.

The beds were comfortable and the view out of the bed into the forest was very special. The ladder to the loft is fairly steep, so likely not a good idea for young children, but our teens enjoyed it.

One of favorite parts was the large fire ring outside with a covered stash if wood, lighter fluid and a lighter ready to go. We enjoyed marshmallows around the fire and were only a mile from town!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

For the 2nd time we stayed at Salmon Creek Cabins, this time we were with family and had two cabins, the largest and one of the newer ones. Everything was fine and as advertised. We'll definitely stay there again. As for Debra the agent who apparently offended someone, we find that hard to believe. We have only had contact with her via e-mail and computer and have understood everything and everything was as she presented it. On a side note, my son and his wife came to Alaska the same time we did this year, without making reservations. Upon the advise of the owners at Salmon Creek Cabins, my son contacted Debra (via phone, I believe) who under trying conditions was able to get him and his wife into a beautiful, reasonably priced apartment in Seward at the last minute, without previous reservations. This enabled them to spend a couple days in Seward which would not have been possible as everything was booked up and the hotels were all full. They were also thrilled with the price and have almost convinces us into maybe checking out this arrangement for an early spring month in Seward before the crowds hit. At any rate, we will definitely work with this person if/when we head back to Alaska.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in cabin 2.
Overal: Loved the atmosphere - rustic Alaska! The cabin sleeps 4 (a queen bed and 2 twins in the loft by ladder) so it's very spacious for just 2 of us. our cabin was clean, the bed was comfortable. There is a fire pit in the woods which we used once and really enjoyed. An on-site laundry (with $6) is a plus. Great location, close to Seward but without bustle and hustle of the town. very convinient to Exit Glacier, part of NP which we enjoyed enormously. Jim the owner was very friendly and relaxed.
Things need to know: there is a mini-fridge, a microwave and a coffee pot (coffee is provided) in the room. A BBQ on the deck. No utensils provided but there is a grocery store nearby (Safeway). Also need to know there is no hair blow dryer. If your hairs is long like mine, it could take long time to get it air-dry in a damp environment. No big deal, I managed it but thought you ought to be prepared.
Beware of the booking lady Debra: first of all she was rude over the phone when I was booking the place. I thought maybe she had a bad day and that's it ( reading the comments from others later, seems like everyday is a bad day for her!). 2ndly, prior to coming to Seward we have been on road for 2+ weeks and while driving to Seward, I pulled out the phone number from the website and called to verify a few things. It turned out it's Debra's (instead of the owner's) number. She was apparently not happy to answer this call. But to be fair she did answer my question. The 3rd time is a charm. On day 4, we packed and went for a hike onto the glacier. Upon completing our hiking, a surprise email showed up in my inbox. It's from Debra. She stated because we have not paid upon checking out she has charged my credit card the fare plus 10% (as her service fee). In reality, I might have mixed up the payment method with other Alaska places we stayed which would automatically charge the fare to the card on file upon leaving. We would have been more than happy to pay Jim in cash if knowing cash or check are preferred, and if Debra has taken a few minutes to call to remind me. It puzzles me as why anyone in hospitality business would utilize such a inhospitable person in their service.

All in all, Jim is a great guy (didn't get a chance to meet Betty) and staying in his cabins will offer you a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Crystal808
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We spent 2 nights in Cabin 1, which sleeps 8 people. Clean and comfortable. Perfect for our day cruise out of Seward. Also close to Exit Glacier. You do need a car as it is a couple of miles out of town. Had two private sleeping areas and a loft accessible by ladder. The king size bed is in what would seem to be the living room. There was a sign in the bathroom suggesting we flush minimally as there was some issue with the water. There is a coffee pot, microwave and mini fridge, but no kitchen sink, plates or utensils so just be prepared for that if you expect to cook. There's a Safeway grocery store in town so we managed. All in all, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family