“Good food and service but......”
Review of Oriental Garden - CLOSED

Oriental Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
“Good food and service but......”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Its local family owned, I like the food and the service has always been very attentive, but with two guys running the place it is definitely missing a lot of detailing.
Off times should always be spent doing those extra cleaning jobs in this place is certainly lacking that. Upon closer inspection this restaurant is so filthy I just don't think I can eat here again.
Best egg drop soup and kimchi!

• Visited January 2014

Iowa City
“Great place”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The food is basic chinese with the usual menu. Nice booths with view looking out on 4th St. The head waiter was friendly and excellent. He is a magician and entertains everyone. Nice touch as kids get impatient sitting at the table. He had everyone cheering. Very inexpensive for Seward .

Visited August 2013
Alaska
“Unedible food chow mein mush”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I hope I can save someone from going here. First time I have ever written a review it was that bad. Chow Mein was old mushy and no flavor. I believe it was old leftover food from the lunch buffet. Could not even finish it because the meat just did not taste right. Usually you cannot go wrong with chow mein but they did their best to make it tastle like slop.

Visited September 2013
Chicago
“Better of the two Seward Chinese restaurants”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

My wife, who is China born Chinese, thought the food here was really good. I did too. The service was pretty good with magic tricks and origami. We ate at both in town Chinese joints and this one would be our preference. By the way, neither is Chinese owned or managed or has Chinese people working there. Both are Korean. But Oriental Garden makes Chinese food just fine.

• Visited August 2013
Durham, Connecticut
“Really good food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Really nice food, and very entertaining. The service has a lot of different ways to entertain you, and gives you plenty of good food, I always have leftovers. Usually they don't see when we are ready for our check so I have to go up to the register to let them know, but other than that I recommend it

• Visited May 2013