“Breakfast Burritos for Boat Ride”
Review of Railway Cantina

Railway Cantina
Ranked #29 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to the Railway Cantina in beautiful Seward, Alaska! A local favorite, we offer the best burritos, quesadillas, and tacos you'll have on the Kenai Penninsula. Our ingredients are fresh, and include housemade salsas, local halibut, reindeer, steak, chicken, shrimp, crab, salmon, falafel, and tofu. Along with your meal, enjoy a selection of Alaskan brewed beer or a glass of wine. We're located in the small boat harbor, across the street from the Seward Yatch Club. Looking forward to your visit!
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were amazed by the variety of breakfast burritos here with four types of homemade salsa to choose from. The staff was super friendly and informative which made it extra nice. Get a breakfast burrito with your choice of sausage, bacon or vegetarian to take of your day boat trip, as it is superior to any food you can get on board. Also hot or cold water to get hydrated.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The counter staff is very friendly and entertaining. They make you feel like they want you to be there. They are located on the waterfront so I'd think all of the sea food is very fresh. I had the halibut fish tacos and they were great. Would have to say that the pricing is a little on the high side.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stopped here first when arriving in Seward. My husband had heard great things about this place, so we decided to see for ourselves. First off, the cashier didn't seem to be in a great mood. He wasn't rude to us, but I heard him using profanity under his breath and to another coworker. When I asked about the bathrooms, so that I could wash my hands, I was directed to the small bathroom in the kitchen area that the employees use as well. After seeing the bathroom, I would have walked out then, had we not already ordered our food and paid for it. I felt dirtier than before I entered the bathroom. I also saw the cashier go from the cash register (dealing with people and cash) to going back to assemble food. He didn't wash his hands. Thank goodness neither of us got sick! The burritos we ate were large. We couldn't finish them. It cost us $38 for two burritos, one bottle of soda, and a cup of water for my husband.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We just wanted a burrito. Compared to other meals that we paid for on our trip this was one of our more reasonable ones. The food was good. The staff seemed like they weren't all that happy we were there (we didn't realize they were closing in less than 30 mins.) If you want a meal that isn't going to over fill you this is the place to go. I wouldn't call it a light dinner but it's not huge either. I would eat there again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We asked for a special place for breakfast, and were sent overthere. From the outside it does look unique, and it's right by the water, and there people there. But - we had to wait a very long time just to get a very average meal at best. My wife really despised what she received. Bottom line - nothing to write home about.